Stood up

"i gave it a shot

"i gave it a shot. now look where it got me"

Chapter 15
STOOD UP
warnings: nothing
ages: 16-17

Y/N POV

"i don't think this is a good idea" i say looking down with a worried face.

evelyn was snapping the button of my dress where my neck was, then zipped up my back.

"look y/n, i think it's a good opportunity to enter the dating world again" she said having her hands on my shoulders.

"you've been stuck with focusing on school trying to get your mind off of the past"

i nodded agreeing in what she was saying.

she was right. i had been working on school and planning for my future. that's what you're supposed to do anyways as a junior in high school however, i wasn't always this geek.

i had a man. but it fell short to career differences and other things.

he was my last straw to be very honest though and i just didn't think i was fit enough to have a relationship with anyone else so i buried myself in my books.

until a friend of mine i never knew would like me, asked me out on a date.

it was so sweet how he did it i immediately said yes.

i didn't think much of it until he texted me to confirm and when evelyn helped to get me ready.

it all felt so fast i wanted to back out and forget everything. but i couldn't. i know i couldn't.

"you give it one more shot okay?" she said reassuringly

"yes" i say with a slight smile.

THAMES TIME SKIP

"text me if u need anything y/n" evelyn said waving then driving off

i waved back and blew her a kiss

i texted the guy and said i was here.

the guy was mason. mason fucking thames.

how did we became good friends? how does he have a crush on me?

all to good of questions that i do not know myself.

we planned to go to fun little arcade where you could sit and eat but also play arcade games.

i chose a table and waited for him to come.

waited. and waited. and waited.

he never responded to my text message saying i was here, so that should've been the first red flag.

i silently cried to myself just a little, gathering my things and making my way outside.

when i bumped into someone carrying many things in their hand as it fell on the floor and me.

"omg i'm so sorry. please forgive me." the person said

i scrunched my face recognizing the voice.

"mason?" i question getting up and brushing myself off

"y/n?!!" he says surprised

"yea. i was about to leave, you never contacted me. i thought you stood me up" i said with hurt in my voice

"oh no, i was shopping. picking things out for you." he says while picking up the things from the floor

he gathered them into there place to make a cute bouquet of goodies.

"i asked maddy and evelyn what you liked and preferred. the line was long so it took longer than usual. i'm sorry of you felt like i would stand you up. that wasn't my intention at all" he says nervously

i was in awh looking at all the good things he put inside the flower thing.

i couldn't help but smile and hug him.

"thank you so much masey. i guess i'm just used to being disappointed so i thought the worst" i shrugged

"i would never treat that way or make you think that." he says walking closer to me

"i'll make sure this is the last time you feel you need to leave again"

619 words

author speaks

evelyn is a new character unlocked!