9

At breakfast the following morning, Jezelle and Daphne were getting into an argument about whether Anastasia should eat waffles or french toast.

"Stas, remember what happened the last time you ate waffles? You threw up! Don't eat them, eat the french toast," Jezelle said.

"No no, you probably just had stomach problems. Waffles are actually good! C'mon Stas, new year, time to try new things," Daphne said, giving Jezelle a small glare.

"It's September. We could not be further from the beginning of the year," Jezelle scoffed.

"New school year. My goodness, be a little positive, will you?" Daphne grumbled.

Anastasia just watched the back and forth, amused.

"How about she just eats the-" Pansy tried to cut in, but was cut off with another complaint from Jezelle. "Pancakes," Pansy finished her sentence quietly, rolling her eyes.

Poor Pansy just wanted to eat in peace, trying to be the peacemaker in this situation, trying to diffuse the tension.

"You know, I don't get why you care so much," Jezelle said suddenly, turning to Pansy.

Pansy looked highly offended at that. "Why do I care so much? I didn't even say anything! You've been arguing with Daphne for the past 3 minutes, and I'm the one who cares? I'm literally waiting for you stop! What I've been trying to say, is that this is completely useless, and no one gives two shits, because tomorrow we'll wake up, there'll still be waffles, there'll still be pancakes, and there'll still be french toast! And I care too much? I couldn't give a fuck less, to be honest. Stas could wake up and have all 3 tomorrow, do you know how stupid you sound? That is absolutely outrageous, just eat the fucking pancakes," Pansy let it all out, the frustration having been built up inside for too long.

Anastasia, Jezelle and Daphne were all bent over on the table, tears practically forming in their eyes.

"Alright, alright. I'll eat — eat the pancakes," Anastasia said in between giggles, piling pancakes onto her plate.

"Fucking finally," Pansy grumbled.

Anastasia felt a presence behind her, and looked back, seeing Snape, a stack of timetables in his hand, topped with a sneer on his face. "Ah, Miss Fletcher. I do hope everything is under control here. I did hear quite some noise coming from you four," Snape said, his lip curling.

"Oh, it's nothing, Professor. Everything's fine," Anastasia said, avoiding making eye contact with her friends.

"Very well. I expect better from students of my house. Your timetables," Snape said, giving Anastasia four timetables, then stalking off to find his next victims.

"Ugh, what a greaseball," Daphne said, pulling a face.

"I know right. Lucky we're in his house, I can't imagine what Hermione goes through, and Potter as well," Anastasia commented, handing out the timetables.

Jezelle peered over at Daphne's timetable, and her eyes lit up. "Daph, we both have divination first!" Jezelle exclaimed in excitement.

"Hah, losers. I have a free period," Anastasia said smugly.

"Hey, I have divination first as well," Pansy said excitedly.

"Eugh, why do you guys still take it? It's useless. And Trelawney's a bit... yeah," Anastasia said.

"Well, don't come crying to me when I become all knowing and predict your death," Pansy said, poking her tongue out at Anastasia.

"Whatever, I'm going be lounging around whilst you guys stare at cold tea leaves," she replied, drizzling condiments onto her pancakes.