Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - A)

At Akshnav Residence, Mumbai:

Akshara just came back after getting done with the shoot of Mega Auditions. The show was mounted well, and she had a lot of expectations from it. The panel boasted of bigger names and industry greats in comparison to her, but she wasn't someone to get intimidated. 

Akshara was really proud of herself for holding her ground and being the only judge to have given a Golden mike while auditioning. Every judge was allowed to give a Golden mike to a voice that impressed them enough to make direct way to the Gala night. 

Either all the other singers didn't impress them to that extent, or they were being too stingy with the Golden mike, or they can also be in a fix or rather undecisive to just choose one. The reason can be anything, but she was happy to have something that can be her USP on the show. 

She was getting panned by media for her cold and haughty behaviour, irrespective of the fact that she gave away the Golden mike to Roohi, the only panelist to do that. But she understood the ploy very well. 

The show was yet to be launched on TV and air its first episode, the episode with Roohi's audition was scheduled to air much later. It has a lot of time for that and the makers released the promo already. 

Now, until the episode airs and the people realize that Roohi won the Golden mike, and she was the one who gave it to her, she would be slammed left, right and center. That would give enough time for the makers to prop Roohi as a potential candidate to win the show. That much time is more than enough to create sympathy and campaign for her success.

By the time, people realize that it was all over hyped, they will already be fixated with the whole idea of an underdog making a judge bite back her words and their ego won't let them back off. The fan wars will ensure that Roohi's fan following doesn't lose steam. 

Now, the ones who are with Roohi are mostly the ones who are against Akshara. But it won't take much motivation for them to convert into genuine fans. Fan wars are often known to trigger such emotions unintentionally. The fact that Roohi actually has the talent on her side will help her and the makers in the wrong run. 

Akshara almost cursed her lack of patience for acting out. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she was stupid enough to taunt Roohi so openly which is against the image she maintained. 

Her stupidity peaked when she consciously ignored how good Roohi is and how amazing her performing skills are even after witnessing the same. She anyway didn't have much to do. All she could do is wait and ride out the storm. 

At Birla House: 

It was the day for Roohi's photoshoot. The make-up artist and hairdresser arrived on time but Roohi wasn't in a mood to wake up. The shoot was scheduled to start at 9 in the morning and she was starting with her school break from today. She had slept late the before night and she was too tired to wake up. 

Abhimanyu just came back from his jog and saw the people waiting. When he enquired, he was told that Roohi was taking too long to turn up for the makeup and hair for the photoshoot. Abhimanyu hated when people don't respect the other person's time.