009

race 1 of 24: bahrain, L. NORRIS = P6
race 2 of 24: saudi arabia, L. NORRIS = P8
race 3 of 24: australia, L. NORRIS = P3

aella was proud of lando, it was the fourth race of the season and lando had managed points in every race so far and even a podium.

japan was aellas favourite race of the year no matter what, she loved it. so when lando asked if she wanted to go it was an obvious yes. the two had been back in monaco, as aella was wanting to spend as much time as possible there due to the fact that her leaving for the eras tour was right around the corner. but with this aella had noticed lando spending less time around her. lando however had noticed aella writing more and more.

the two where sat on the mclaren branded plane, lando on his phone scrolling through twitter and aella next to him with her notepad and pens scribbling away. lando couldn't help but sneak glances at the girl who was deep in concentration. he noted that whenever she didn't like what she had wrote she'd cross out the entire page or that if she made a mistake within the spelling she'd cross out the word and then write the correct way above it.

"what you writing lala?" lando asked, he was genuinely curious about what she was writing. "a song." aella replied. "what type of song?" lando asked trying to get conversation flowing as the duo had barely spoke much to landos fault. "its a sad love song almost." "what do you mean almost?" "it's like the girl is so in love with the guy she's willing to do anything for him, even though she keeps getting put to the side and disgaurded. they make progress then one day he decides to destroy it. nearly because he's bored and toxic." the girl explained to lando who could only nod. "what's it going to be called?" lando asked knowing that even if aella didn't release the song it would still have a name as she would always title her songs as a way to develop an idea into what she wanted to be in the chorus and the verse. "it's called one step forward three steps back."

chatter flowed between the duo a lot easier than before. although around half way into the flight lando put on a film for the duo to watch, but aella could feel herself drift into a dreamless slumber. her head rested against lando's shoulder as the hum of the plane and the gentle murmur of the movie played in the background. the rhythmic sound was strangely comforting, and aella found herself feeling the same level of comfort she felt durn the time in bahrain. lando glanced down at her sleeping, a small smile playing on his lips as he adjusted the blanket around her shoulders. the rest of the flight passed in a peaceful silence, the two of them content in each other's company even after aella had awoken.

after aella and lando arrived in japan they were greeted by the mclaren team that would be taking them to their hotel. when the team had arrived at the hotel aella and lando both received the keys from the receptionists to their rooms and they headed towards the lifts that would take them to their rooms. they both arrived at
their rooms both next to each other meaning they said their goodbyes so they could get ready for the night although it was simply going to be a night in for them both as they arrived the day before most of the drivers.

aella had changed out of outfit she had worn whilst traveling into something far more comfortable- her pyjamas which consisted of a love on tour shirt and a pair of flannel trousers. she had decided she was going to order room service and watch a film however she heard a knock on the other side of her door. the same rhythm that a particular british boy used throughout childhood. aella opened the door to her hotel room to see lando with a sad smile etched onto his face. "can we watch ten things i hate about you?" was all he said. "ofcourse lanny, what's wrong? you look really sad." aella said in reply to the boy who was stood outside her hotel. he walked into her room. "i just want to spend time with you. i feel like im losing you and it's my fault." to which she didn't complain as she also felt like she was losing her best friend but she never thought it was landos fault. they were both extremely busy.

the duo ordered room service, they both ordered a basic pasta dish although they chose different drinks, aella ordering  herself a fresh orange and lemonade and lando ordering a cola. the two recived their food and watched the film. when the credits started to roll the pair decided to call it a night. lando said goodnight to his friend as he went back into his room. aella had turned off the lights and headed into bed although she couldn't sleep. for the past three races her and lando had shared a room, shared a bed because as far as she was aware zak messed up the bookings for the first three races. she'd grew to love his presence when it got later into the evening. even when back in monaco the boy would always phone her until she fell asleep even if they didn't talk all day.

lando stared at the roof of his room. the fact he couldn't feel the pressure of his best friend laying next to him felt foreign. they had shared a room, a bed for the past three races ultimately because lando selfishly wanted to have the presence of his best friend next to him. yes in bahrain zak had messed up the rooms although the other two races he hadn't but lando had asked if he cancelled one of them mearly wanted to wake up by aellas side. he wanted to hear her singing along to hobo johnstone when blow drying her hair, singing along to phoebe bridgers when putting on her makeup, singing along to reneé rapp when in the shower. he wanted to see her face whenever something out of pocket was said in whatever book she was reading. he wanted to hear her laugh whenever she watched a funny tiktok. he wanted to hear her gasp whenever she watched the nursery nurse's videos. he wanted all of that yet he didn't know if that was what aella wanted.

it was. all she wanted was to be text to him. to feel the weight of his arm around her when she awoke. to look up and see him smile whenever he seen something funny on his tiktok or the look whenever he'd get sent something about his family. she wanted to see him.

she heard a chime from her phone, it ultimately interrupted her chain of thought.

lanny 😈

hey lala, are you awake?

hey lanny, i'm up why?

can i come over i can't sleep? i promis i wont be a pain.

ill open the door.

thanks lala 💕