01. M e m o r i e s

—————

—————* 4 years ago *

—————
* 4 years ago *

My breathing quickens at a fast pace as I sit beside my older brother, Theodor, watching over the scene infront of me.

My mother and father sit on each end of the table, making a conversation with the new, quiet soldier sitting infront of me.

This is weird.

The soldier is fairly new, he had only transferred here this morning. So why is he sitting at the table with us?

We never do this with any of the other soldiers around the manor.

So why him?

I must admit, he is freakishly cute.

He has this adorable thing about him. I can't quite pin point what it is, but it's making me take a small liking towards him.

He is shy and quiet, not speaking unless spoken to and trying his best to make eye contact with the person speaking to him.

You could tell the poor boy was insanely nervous by the way he shook in his seat slightly every now and then, or how he stumbled on his words when I tried to talk to him.

It was ... cute.

He tried his best to reply to my brother when he spoke to him, although I guess it can be quite intimidating to talk to my brother considering he's such a, – how should I say this nicely? Unlikeable person.

Yeah, that should do it.

"Remi, why don't you go show young Noah here where the soldiers quarters are?" My mother says with a smile.

Nodding my head, I stand up from my seat and gesture for Noah, to follow me.

"Thank you for the meal." He says politely, giving my father and brother a curt nod before returning my mother's smile.

He then turns to me with his head avoiding eye contact. Instead, looking at his fingers and playing with them as he walks along side me.

Ok then.

Deciding I want to get to know him better, I spark up a conversation.

"So, what's your full name?" I turn to face him as we walk around the manor and towards the soldiers quarters.

Looking at his fingers, he replies in a polite tone, "M-My name is Noah Petrova."