Chapter 5

Sidhi's pov
I woke up with a jolt. The insistent ringing of my alarm clock shattered the remnants of a dream I couldn't quite grasp.

It was Saturday, and a whirlwind of emotions swirled within my heart.

The excitement bubbled up for my brother's wedding " finally mere Bhai ki sadhi hogi, mera bhai ghori chadega, mera bhai dulha banega".

But deep down there was a weird apprehension about returning to my home, returning back to Delhi after all these years.

Memories both joyous and painful both threatened inside my heart.

As I came out of my room, I went straight to Tina's room while thinking " aaj bhi nhi uthi hogi ye maharani", only to find myself wrong.

As I went near Tina's room I saw that the door was wide open and she was already awake and had already begun the packing of both of us for the trip.
By seeing her like this a wry smile touched my lips.

I was lost in my thoughts " at least Tina, my rock, my confidante, would be by my side through it all. Or phir nervous hone ki kya baat jab Tina ho saath"

Just then Tina shouted which made me come back to the reality, she said " tu or Teri ye sochne ki bimari!"
"H..haan" i muttered in confusion
"Haan nhi madam, idhar aao or help karo meri packing karne mein, pata nhi kya hi sochti rehti h itna".

J went to the place where she was doing the packing and we both started packing our stuff.

Our past whole week went in a blur Packing, finalizing work schedules, and the constant undercurrent of nervous anticipation.

Finally, it was the moment and we both went to the airport and within half-an-hour we both boarded for our flight to Delhi.

I was on the window seat and Tina was sitting near me.
As I couldn't stop myself from glancing at the window as a sudden feeling hit my mind that the city that once held her entire world now felt like a distant stranger but on the other side she felt that she was back home.

After the flight of continuous 2 hours, we finally both landed in Delhi. As I stepped outside the airport I was waiting for bhai as he insisted on picking me up and I wasn't able to say no to him.

As I was waiting for bhai I felt a known weird feeling deep inside my heart. It was the feeling that I felt when I first saw him years back.

I suddenly turned around and only felt disappointed as there was no one but then what was that sudden feeling as if he was near to me.

I thought maybe I was imagining things just then a sudden thought rushed my mind "shayad mein aaj bhi usee nhi bhul paayi" just then a lone tear along with a small word escaped from my eyes and mouth "kyun"

And with that I came back out of my trance and saw that bhai was coming towards us with the most precious and bright smile on his face.

By coming near us he took Tina into the warm hug and said " welcome! Sista, kaisi ho"

"Mein to ekdum mast, ab or bhi mast Ho jaungi but aapko mujhe Delhi ghumna padega Bhai"

To which Bhai nodded and said " of course"

And next he just said "chale" and they both started walking.

While I just stood there in shock, my Bhai just ignored me and felt as if I was about to cry at any moment.

Just then Bhai looked towards me and said " tujhe chalna nhi hai kya, ya phir wapas Hyderabad hi jaane ka Soch rhi ha"

The only words that escaped from my mouth were "aap mujhe ignore kr rhe h kya" and tears started brimming out of my eyes I tried to control them but they didn't stop.