twenty-six

"We absolutely cannot sing 405."

"Wait, why not?"

"That's such a depressing song, Harry. We can't make Coachella depressed." Harry groaned for probably the millionth time that day. "Why is it so hard to pick one?"

"Why do we write so many fucking sad songs? Why are we so depressed all the time?" Harry poked Luna's cheek, gentle and teasing, a smile still on his lips as he laughed.

"Stop it! We need to focus." Luna swatted at him, trying really hard to keep the grin out of her face. She rolled away instead, sheets mussed underneath her as she shoved her face into Harry's pillow. "What about... the blue?"

"That could work, actually." Harry agreed, running a comforting hand up and down Luna's back. "Does it have to be a song from our own discography?"

"I'm pretty sure that's how a concert works, Harry." Luna said. "What did you have in mind? Why the question?"

"It may sound silly."

"Nothing you say ever sounds silly."

"You sure about that?"

"Well, you have your moments." Harry snorted, pressing kisses to Luna's hair until she turned, cheek squished against the mattress and looking at him. "Just spit it out."

"What about a One Direction song?" Luna squealed in excitement, a sound that Harry took as a reward, beaming at the smile that was now curling around her lips. He let his gaze roam over her features, soft and pretty.

"Are you being serious? Because I will literally kill you if you're not." Harry barked out a laugh, arms folding around Luna as he flopped back into his pillows, bringing her against his chest. Luna wiggled against him until she found her spot, leg thrown over his, head on his chest and tilted up so she could look at him.

"I'm serious, I mean... who doesn't love a One Direction song?" He said. "We could do two. One, you know, to hype things up kind of and another one... like a piano ballad or something acoustic."

"Do you have any in mind?"

Harry shrugged, faux nonchalance dancing over his features and when he looked down at Luna his eyes shone. He picked at a strand of her hair, curled it round his fingers and grinned. "Better Than Words."

"You're delusional, I'm not dealing with your hormonal ass on stage." He laughed, a sound of genuine joy as he pulled Luna up his body, pressing kisses to wherever he could reach until she met him halfway, lips pushed to his in a kiss that slowed as it deepened.

She leaned back a little, still spread out across Harry's chest, legs tangled and she sighed, soft and happy as she looked down at the boy, wondering if she could keep him forever. He was looking back at her the same way, as if she was made of magic and gold dust, a smile on his face that made Luna feel unsteady.

"Do you have any in mind? I mean, whichever one is fine. They're all about you anyway."

"Uh, so that's the whole thing? You want to sing a song about me on stage?"

"I always want to sing songs about you on stage." Harry brought his hand to cup Luna's cheek and he smoothed a thumb over the top of her nose, down over her Cupid's bow and the curve of her lips. Everything he did was soft, warm and he was looking at the girl like he didn't understand how he could be so lucky. "Thought that was clear since like, always."

The admission made Luna pause, her body tense as the words washed over her. It felt like waves at het feet, the heat of a campfire, the feeling someone gets in their stomach when they hurtle over the edge of the first drop on a rollercoaster.

"I need a reminder from time to time." Luna giggled, a smile in her voice, a new warmth making it impossible for her to sound anything but elated. She felt weak. "It's so weird."

"What's weird? Me singing about you?" Harry chuckled.

"No. I mean, yes. Like." Luna began, struggling to put her thoughts together. "I've known you like... forever, but now you feel like a completely different person to me, you know?"

"I think I know the feeling, lovie." Harry confirmed. Luna nodded, body sinking into Harry's at the realisation. She hummed thoughtfully, chin back on her perch on his chest, head tilted to the side.

Luna grinned, cheeks sore from it and she wriggled out of his grasp so she could shuffle up the length of him a little more, legs splayed across his thighs until she was straddling him, leaving down until Luna's chest was pressed against Harry's and she could take his face in her hands. "I meant it in a good way... in case that was confusing."

Harry snorted, "it was very clear, yes."

"Okay, good." Luna nodded and Harry must've seen her smile, it must've been contagious, because he was smiling back, lips lifted at the corners like a weight had been lifted.

Luna's fingers splayed across the sharp line of his jaw, her thumb pulling a little at his bottom lip and she sighed when it parted for her. She pressed a delicate kiss there, fierce and full of love and the boy barely let her pull away as she spoke.

"It's ridiculous how much I love you." Luna mumbled against his mouth, teeth clicking because they were both full of smiles and soft laughter. She tried to act surprised when she spoke, everything about the moment full of sunshine and light. They felt weightless.

Harry hummed, one arm tight around the small of Luna's back and he pulled her in for another kiss, a little messy and desperate now.

"I actually think it's perfectly normal." Harry pushed his lips into her neck, dripping open mouth kisses there before brushing the tip of his nose with Luna's. "I mean, if someone else feels the same way it's got to be, no?"

"Har, the songs." Luna giggled.

"I already know which ones we're going to sing, now hush." Harry was still grinning, a smile that lit up his entire face, turning his brown eyes to honey as he brought Luna back to him for another kiss, urgent and full of everything he'd always wanted to say.

"But the rehearsal, we're already running la-"

"We'll be there." He murmured. "Let me love on you for a little bit, yeah?"

Luna felt like wildflowers were blooming between the spaces in her ribs, like she suddenly had the sun inside her chest and the entire solar system in her eyes. She felt magic. She felt loved.

And that was everything.

•••

lunabautista

liked by harrystyles, niallhoran, lesliesimons, and otherslunabautista 🖤🪽

lunabautista 🖤🪽

•••

TWO UPDATES WHO IS SHE??

let's enjoy it until exams come up and i have to disappear again, lots of love <33