Drake

She watches as Drake stops and talks to the hostess, a flirtatious smile and a little wink has her blushing before she points in Cleo's direction. Drake takes her hand and kisses it before he thanks her and walks toward Cleo. He has not changed at all. He is older, sure, but he still has that clean boy look with a shaven face, perfect hair, and a crisp expensive-looking suit. Cleo finds her nose scrunching in disapproval of his clean features. She has never thought of herself as a beard woman but has become strangely attached to Austin's beard. Although, she does not think Drake could pull off a beard. Not like Austin can. The man's beard is a fucking mess but she has found herself wanting to reach out and grab it with both hands, it's espresso brown but has hints of red in it when he stands in the sun. Cleo! Stop! She shakes her head and stands as Drake gets closer to her table - she needs to stop thinking of Austin for five fucking seconds, although she bets Austin would wear that suit of Drakes better.

Damit.

She needs to put thoughts of Austin aside for just one evening. However, just one last thing, Drake has aged and although he has remained handsome it does not compare to how well Austin has aged. They are only ten years older now but Austin won that round. OK, that's the last thought she will have about Austin. She needs to focus on her conversation with Drake.

"Cleo," Drake breathes out when he gets to their table, "it's so good to see you again," he says with a wide smile. That's strange. Cleo always remembers getting butterflies in her stomach when it came to Drake. But, her body does not react in any way, if anything she takes a step back from him. "Hello, Drake. Thank you for meeting with me," she says. "Of course, I had to see you as soon as you woke up. I have missed you terribly," he says stepping closer and drawing her into a hug. Cleo's eyes water from how much calone he has on and when he dips his head to kiss her she turns her head quickly. He gets her cheek and she would be lying if she said his lack of personal boundaries does not irritate her.

"Well..." she says pushing away from him and taking her seat again. "Well, beautiful creature. May I join you?" he says with a slick grin as he pulls out the chair opposite her, she has to actively force herself not to roll her eyes. He makes a show of taking off his suit jacket, draping it over the back of his chair before he smooths out his white suit shirt and flexes the muscles in his arms as he rolls up his sleeves. Drake is a showman, always has been. It used to excite her immature brain. "I must say, Cleo, I never thought I would ever see you again...I am so pleased you have come to your senses," Drake says. That's an odd statement. Come to her senses? "You mean...now that I have woken up from my coma?" she asks. "Uh...yeah. Of course, your coma," he says. She feels a little uncomfortable, but she does not know why, she just does.

"Drake...thank you for meeting here. I appreciate it," she says because she is not sure what to say. "It's all good, baby. I was expecting you to want to find me once you woke up," he says picking up the menu. "Please don't call me baby," she says a little too sternly. That irritated her. Drake's brows rise and he puts up his hands in defeat. The waitress arrives and Drake orders them a bottle of red wine. She hates red wine. Cleo's eyes wander across the words on the menu and she sees they have a chocolate mud pie. She knows Austin would love that. How does she know that? "You ready to order?" the waitress asks. "Yes, I want the steak. Rare. Very rare," Drake says then smiles at Cleo as if he expects her to swoon at that. It's weird.

"And you, miss?"

"Oh...may I have the pasta please and would you mind bringing me a chocolate mud pie in a takeaway container?"

"Sure," the waitress says smiling as she gathers the menus. Cleo is more excited to see Austin's face when she gives it to him than to talk to Drake. He is going to love it. Why does she know that?

"You look good Cleo. I am happy to see you made a full recovery. You had me worried there for a second," Drake says leaning forward and smiling at her.