Morning Nightmares

JAYS POV:

I had just woken up, stretched and crawled out if bed. The clock on my bedside table read 10:15 A.M. as I reached for my nearest shirt and threw it on and looked at myself in the mirror before exiting the room. My hair was very messy and definitely under the bed-head category. I slightly combed it out, and headed towards the kitchen to cook up some breakfast for myself.

ZANES POV:

I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen from down the hallway, meaning that someone had just woken up. Hearing a soft groan, I knew it was Jay. Jay tends to be a bit cranky in the mornings but he's still a ray if sunshine, even when he doesn't think so.

The sleepy boy approached the table in the middle of the kitchen and looked up, I was already pouring him a cup of coffee, knowing he would want some per usual like every other day. He was wearing a light blue t shirt and black shorts, and his brown hair glowing in the sunlight, every freckle beginning to stand out.

Jay looked up, seeing the tall nindroid pouring a cup of coffee and handing it to him, and cheerily saying "Good morning, jay. How was your sleep?" In a happy tone.

He yawned, "eh, it was nice. Still feeling a bit stiff from training yesterday though, atleast we get a day off." Jay replied in a slightly sarcastic tone, but he really was still feeling the after-affects if the ninjas' last training session.

But he was happy to start the day off with his favorite person. They didn't get to spend much time together after all. They still have to go around saving people, and that keeps them very occupied.

Jay took the cup of coffee, "Thanks, zaney." He remarked, wrapping his hand gently around it and taking a sip. "Mm, fresh coffee.. soo good." Jay smiled, and looked back at zane who was already staring at him, jay slightly blushed because of Zanes staring and chuckled.

Zane went over to the sink and started doing dishes, glancing back at jay as he finished up his morning feul. "You still seem a bit sleepy, Jay. Were you up late perhaps?" Zane politely asked, as jay perked his head up and quickly answered. "Oh uh, yeah! I'm good, heh, couldn't really get comfortable last night is all." He quickly replied and awkwardly smiled.

At the way Jay reacted, zane knew he had to be hiding something. He has always had sleeping issues, specifically insomnia to be exact, and the occasional nightmares. Jay had a hard time communicating serious feelings to his friends, even though Jay felt comfortable around Zane, he still felt a strange feeling towards doing it.

Zane softly sighed, "Jay, I know you have a hard time talking about your feelings, but you should know you don't have to hide them from me."

Placing a half-clean dish back in the sink and turning back to Jay, Zane looked down at the sweet boy and slightly raised their eyebrows.

Jay sighed, "Yeah, I know, Zane. Thank you for caring." He gave a small pitiful smile, finishing up his coffee and heading towards the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Zane watched as he placed the cup down on the counter and walked back down the hallway, still feeling worried for Jay, Zane went to look around Jays bedroom to find any clue of what he was hiding.

Stepping into Jay's room, Zane looked around, analyzing anything that could be a good reason to worry about Jay.

Even though the ninja were already fully aware that Zane loved Jay, Zane needed a good reason to worry about Jay incase anything was actually wrong.

Analyzing Jay's bed, there was something there. Zane frowned and felt saddened at the sight.

There was fresh tear stains on the pillow, indicating that Jay must have freshly woken up from a nightmare before having coffee.

JAYS POV:

As I splashed some water on my face, washing the tiredness off of me and running my fingers through my brown curls, I heard some quiet footsteps outside of the bathroom.

It sounded like they were heading towards my bedroom. After I finished washing my hair, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower.

Wrapping a white towel around my waist, my hair still dripping wet, and still being shirtless, I opened the door and headed back to my room to throw on a clean change of clothes.

Finding my door already a crack open, different from how I left it before, I pushed the door open gently.

Zane was in my room. Hearing me creak open the door, Zane quickly turned around and made eye contact with me.

ZANES POV:

The door was opening more behind me, as I heard it gently swing open I knew that Jay had finished up in the shower.

I quickly turned my head around, looking at Jay standing in the door frame with a slightly confused look on his face. "Why are you in my room, Z? I mean you can hang out in here if you want, but I don't remember giving you an invitation."

Jay flirted, making me even more flustered.

"U-um, Sorry Jay. I was just worried about you. I'll be leaving now." Jay raised his eyebrow at my flustered tone, and smirked.

As I headed towards the door to leave, Jay placed his hand on my shoulder. Our faces were only a few inches away from eachother, as he was only getting closer to me.

Jay quickly kissed me on the cheek as I left, making me a little surprised.