Telling the Truth

ZANES POV:

Later that night, I couldn't fall asleep. The clock now read 2:43 A.M.

It was very late, and the moon was shining through the window, the light was projecting onto my bedroom door as if it was telling me to leave the room.

As I reached for the corner of my blanket and removed it from myself, and crawled out of bed, I quietly opened the door and headed down to Jays room.

After last night, I was worried about him and what she could be dreaming about. Especially after finding those tear drops on their pillow case, I had to make sure that he is indeed okay.

I quietly stepped down the hallway towards the room, pushing the door open gently and laying my eyes on them. His head was slightly peeking out from under the covers.

Jay wasn't sleeping peacefully, he was squirming and crying.

"No, p-please don't go." She softly cried out, tears running down his face. "I promise I can be better..." Jay then breathed out.

Hearing these words come out of their mouth, I quickly went over to him and tried to shake her awake.

"Jay! Wake up! You're having a nightmare.." looking down at the sweet kid, the look on her face was almost as if he killed someone. He looked so guilty, something I could never forget.

Jay slowly opened her eyes, confused and scared she asked:

"What? What happened??" Jay quickly asked, tears still on their face.

"It seemed like you were having a nightmare." I brushed Jay's forehead, and sat down on the bed next to them. "But it's okay now. I'm here, and you're safe." I reassured, looking deeply into Jay's blue eyes.

"Thank you, I guess I've been having these dreams for a while. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you, I just didn't know how.." Jay said in a regretful tone.

Now i was wrapping my arms around Jay, and whispering in his ear. "It's okay, Jayjay. I'm here, I'll sleep in here with you tonight okay?"

After witnessing Jay having one of those horrible dreams myself, there was no way I would be letting them sleep by herself.

Jay sniffed, "mhmm.. okay, that would be nice."

As we settled into the bed together, we held eachother in our arms until we fell asleep. Holding eachother close.

This is perfect, there isn't anywhere else I'd like to be at this moment. Just here with my sweet sparky.

Techno Stories जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें