Filling In For The Princess

"Oh no

"Oh no... Amy's out." Carl, an actor says, looking at his phone as if he's seeing a murder.

"What do you mean Amy's out, she's the lead of the play!"

"On her way here she was in an accident— she's in the hospital recovering now I think—"

"But she's the lead of the play!"

"I know that Scarlet, but there's not much we can do, is there?"

Scarlet looks at her friend, ready to spit out over 200 examples of what they can do to replace the lead— then realizes she, for once, actually has nothing.

She stutters a few inaudible words then sighs.

The two sit in silence for a little while.

"What are we gonna tell the rest of the cast?"

"I don't know." says Carl.

"They'll be devastated."

"Yeah."

"They'll be horrified"

"Yes."

"They'll be— dude, are you even paying attention?"

Carl looks over to two women, one older, the other roughly his age. Both are working on some finishing touches for the play's set.

He smiles over to the girl. She smiles back and blushes a little, then goes back to work.

"Quit flirting with the crew, Carl... We need to think of some way we can still pull this show off with a missing actor."

"Right— sorry. What happened to our understudy?"

"Heaven knows where she is, probably back at the restaurant."

Scarlet keeps brainstorming ideas as Carl stares at the new girl. He can't help but smile to himself. He only now sees this girl, and yet he feels that he can explain a thousand things about her. She's shy but sweet. She has an impeccable unique fashion taste. She is absolutely beautiful.

She is everything.

"Earth to Carl," says Scarlet, snapping in his face, "Wake up."

"Yeah—! Sorry! What?"

"Yeah, I was saying, maybe we should call the staff of the park, get them involved and maybe we can even have an audience member become the princess!"

She looks at Carl again.

Still looking at the same girl.

"Uh huh. Totally listening. Uh... Wait just a minute, Scarlet." said Carl, walking over to the two women.

"I knew it. This would be the death if me." Scarlet groans.

"Hey, I noticed you two were working on the set!" Carl says.