24 - Tiber

When Tiber wakes up, his mouth is dry as the desert, his head throbbing like mad. He opens his eyes and blinks a few times, his whole body feels heavy and hot. Tiber pulls himself to stand, and looks around. He is in a big room full of things he doesn't understand.

It isn't alchemical tools, but similar. He pulls himself to a standing position, and he starts to search the room. But he only goes so far before chains clink into place around his wrists. He shakes his head, furious.

"Mother! Where am I?!" Tiber screams.

She appears, her black robes swaying as she moves. She lowers her hood, displaying her gray hair that flows down her chest and back. She is old and tall, and fierce. And she walks up to him, a dark look in her blue eyes. She sneers at him.

"You are so twisted, Mother. But I never thought you'd stoop to this low," he snaps.

"Oh? You underestimate my love for power, boy. You always have underestimated me."

"Fuck you, you stupid bitch," Tiber snarls.  "You are a monster. You are a twisted, vile creature not worthy of love or magick."

His false mother laughs.  "Of course, of course.... Well, I should be sure to tell you that Hayley isn't here. Oh, no, she's not here, lovely Tiber. So, what will you do? How will you find your precious sister?"

"Rage, Tiber. Show the world how truly powerful you are. You and Hayley together are not the only ones who are powerful, indeed. But no. You must rage, Tiber. Let her feel your magick, your fury."

Tiber stares at his false mother. "Fuck you!"

There's a loud rumbling sound that fills the air, pulsating and writhing with pure magick. Energy ripples through the room, shattering vials and glass structures. Shattering the walls, the ceiling. It crumbles and shatters into thousands of chunks.

He then unleashes all the hatred and fear and pure rage that he feels, all the magick that's been building in his heart and soul. He feels his power rip through the whole building, tearing it apart at its foundations. Tiber tosses his head back, releasing a powerful scream that shatters the world around him.

Tiber unleashes a torrent of magical energy that rips into his false mother's flesh, and as she screams, as she dies, he feels his own power growing. His power feeds off her magick, and as he rips her soul apart with his magick, he feels something inside himself rupture and break.

A dark force descends upon Tiber Moon, and he is torn from the dark mansion in Norvo, and brought to a whole new place. A new place, one where he will be forced to endure many challenges on his own.