CHAPTER 6: Athanasia's younger brother

The first time she met the boy, her heart seemed to skip a beat. He appeared breathtakingly beautiful and handsome, like an angel. In fact, he was even more stunning than her own mother.

That's what she thought as she curiously poked his face. It felt smooth and pale, like a piece of bread, or perhaps more like cotton.

Her breath caught in her throat when the boy opened his eyes. His golden yellow iris was exquisitely beautiful, shining like pure gold. She found herself captivated by its stunning beauty, desiring to possess it, just like she desired the treasures of the ruby palace.

However, she knew she couldn't be unreasonable. She attempted to engage him in conversation, but the boy averted his gaze and seemed preoccupied. Undeterred, she tried a different approach to capture his attention. She playfully called him "Chilli" and to her delight, it was the first time she heard his angelic and soothing voice. Despite his nonchalant demeanor, he was undeniably adorable.

Cael...huh?

Who is that? There was no mention of him in the book she had read. If he had been included, he would have surely overshadowed the beauty of the main character and become the center of attention.

As a reincarnator herself, she found it peculiar. Perhaps he was a hidden character, omitted due to the book's lack of detail, or maybe the author simply forgot about him.

Expressing her gratitude to the boy, she noticed that his mind appeared preoccupied. Deciding to let him be. The boy ran away, and she chased after him to find out where he came from. But she suddenly remembered that she was in a hurry, and Lily would be searching for her. She had to run back quickly.

✧༺♥༻✧

But she soon realized how naive she was when she encountered the dirtbag Claude, whom she didn't want to meet. She almost fainted from nervousness.

'This dirtbag, Jerk! Claude!'

She needed to escape from this palace as soon as possible. Athanasia was scared out of her mind. She didn't know that this palace, which was more humble than the Ruby palace, is where the emperor resided.

Looking at Claude, she felt like she was facing the Grim Reaper. She could feel her soul leaving her body. In the book she read, she was supposed to meet Claude at the age of 9. What happened?

The most absurd thing was that he invited her for tea. On their way to the palace, she saw familiar crimson hair.

Unconsciously, she called out his name. She wanted to escape from Claude and distract him by focusing on the boy. She was so nervous. But what she didn't expect was that the boy didn't even look at them.

'Is he scared too? Maybe he's scared of this dirtbag Claude!'

Claude even threatened her while they were having tea. She was scared out of her mind and was forced to call him 'papa' because she had dug her own grave.

She knew herself well. She is not a comedian or a clown who could entertain people and make them laugh or feel angry or ridiculous. She wasn't entertaining enough, and this dirtbag Claude was seeking entertainment.

She realized that she was a little interesting, otherwise Claude would have killed her in their first meeting. But whatever, The good news was that she had survived.

Even so, she couldn't help but feel a wave of embarrassment and cringe wash over her. She berated herself for her foolishness and couldn't shake off the feeling of being utterly foolish.