CHAPTER 9: Troublesome duo

'Do you know how fate works? No? It's ridiculous. It does whatever it wants'

Cael scoffed to himself internally as he looked at the girl in front of him, peacefully drinking her tea. He couldn't help but feel envious of her, sitting on a proper chair while he was perched uncomfortably on someone's lap.

'How can I enjoy my delicious tea if I'm feeling uncomfortable?'

He irritably mentally smacking Claude's head for being so unreasonable. This tyrant was becoming more unreasonable every second. Why wasn't he allowed to sit on the chair? He couldn't sit on the chair because the emperor said no.

'Why make a chair if you won't sit on it?'

He glanced between Athanasia and his untouched tea, he grew irritated seeing his untouched crimson-pink tea, known as 'lipped tea.' It was so tempting, but he hesitated to drink it, fearing it might spill and wet the emperor with tea.

' maybe it's good if this bastard is drenched with tea... He deserves it.'

While the two conversed, he didn't bother to join in. He isn't interested in their conversation at all. He isn't one to pry into someone's business. Maybe he is, but not entirely.

'They are talking whatever they want... Should I leave them alone?'

Noticing the emperor spacing out and the grip on his waist loosening, he attempted to escape but was stopped by the suddenly tightening clutch. Feeling uncomfortable, he racked his brain to escape from the clutch.

"Your Majesty, could I sit on this chair?"

He asked the emperor for the umpteenth time, pointing to the chair beside the tyrant Emperor. The emperor's cold gaze stayed on him for a moment that felt like an eternity. To worsen his irritation, the emperor ignored him and lazily rested his head on top of his.

'Should I punch him?'

Cael felt the urge to punch the emperor's face and make him ugly, gladly claiming responsibility. Thinking about it again, he wished that Athanasia had punched the emperor.

Feeling the burning gaze on him, Claude looked down at the boy on his lap, then at the chair for a moment as he zoned out.

He snapped out of his trance when he remembered the chair and ordered the knight three meters behind them.

"Felix, get that chair out of here"

The latter followed the emperor's ridiculous order. Cael couldn't do anything but question his entire existence. What? How unreasonable and ridiculous these two could be?

"Cael, you can sit on my chair!"

Cael gaze shifted to Athanasia, this kind girl lending him a hand, for which he is very thankful. This girl is an angel, unlike his good-for-nothing father.

'Athanasia knows how emotions work.'

"Thank you."

Because of his gratefulness, a faint smile appeared on his face, and his anger lessened a little bit. These two are the reason for his misery, and he wouldn't forgive them easily.

A month ago, this father-daughter duo changed their chat time every morning since the chocolate incident. It would have been better if they hadn't involved him in their tea party, which he didn't want to be a part of. Why? Because whenever they had tea time, he couldn't sit on a proper chair.