Nobody Knows Anna

Many would be surprised at what Anna decided to do, only because they don't know her. Not for sure.

Mistaken by her silence, her insignificant look and her being the target of every bully and abuser's victimization, most people wouldn't even care about her inner self.

Even for Jamie, who grew really fund of her, it was difficult to get her at times.

Anna's family house wasn't her home. The sheets in her bed, dirty with Ron's abuse, provided no rest at night for her.

She wasn't able to eat while staring at the corner of the wooden dinner table, broken by her mum's head once when she had fallen, pushed by her step father.

The stairs were equally scaring. And so was the porch, specially when she could see Ron approaching from the distance.

Therefore, Anna learned to act like a ghost. She used to hide in the attic and only occasionally would she appear to others. Same thing at school, where she would always find an abandoned room.

After she married Henry (whom, in her mind, she called Horror), she moved to his cabin in the woods. Then she was able to build her secret palace, a hidden tree house she could visit sometimes.

However, none of those were her real refuge, just portals to it. Her refuge was not a place, but a moment, still in time, that seemed like heaven.

Anna is on to something, she always has been. But nobody knows. How can they possibly figure it out when they are not looking?