Anna's Safe Space, Disturbed?

The day Anna made a decision did not arrive by chance. It was not the result of an impulse. It happened after a huge struggle, one that takes a great deal of courage to undertake.

When Anna left school she and Jamie remained in contact for a while, but eventually lost it. Life, you know, college, work, being busy, not having much in common to discuss...

So there she was, 22, totally alone, helpless. Her husband was no better than Ron. The creature growing in her belly causing mixed feelings. Life, as always, eluding her on its way to others as if hell was the only place to live.

Yet, Anna had other places to visit where she could be a ghost without the need of hiding. On weekends, the market was so crowded that she could go unnoticed.

She had developed a taste for her own company and even dared to enter her heaven-like moment at times, in plane sight.

It did came as a surprise to her that somebody noticed. Not just her presence, but her intentions. And all the sudden, her safe space was compromised.

Anna had built a shield she believed to be unbreakable. But there was Sonya's smile to prove her wrong.

Not knowing how to handle the emotional turmoil, she fell back to her old ways and did nothing.

There she was, frozen, listening for the first time to the voice, sweeter than she had imagined.

The pupils looked brighter than the previous times she had seen them. The curls of the hair were on her cheeks, pushed by the soft breeze. The lips were moist and it appeared to her as if they were moving really slowly:

"Anna, right? I'm Sonya. You must be tired. Come, sit, take some rest."