2.

2. Seb remembered his Ferrari days distinctly. They were memorable, back when he could still compete for the championship, and he was considered a worthy candidate. Of course, we can’t forget the prime Red Bull days. Oh, how he misses that team, Seb sighed as he walked through the paddock in Budapest.

He decided to visit a Formula 1 race just last week, as he rummaged through the attic in his house in Switzerland and found many boxes full of memories of his racing days. The nostalgia hit him so hard, he couldn’t resist buying that ticket. His plans, however, couldn’t stay in the dark for long, as somehow Christian found out about his plans and invited him to the Red Bull garage for the weekend. He could’ve thought about this. Everybody in the paddock knows that if you have something you want to hide from Christian, he will know, no matter how much you try to hide it from him. He couldn’t resist taking up on that offer though as he still loved his team dearly and was happy for them for their continuous success in the sport.

Plus, he loved the paddock in Hungary. The fans, known for shouting continuous “bazdmeg”-s from the grandstand. Hungarians are quite known for their infamous swearing, he knew that, but he was still surprised when he heard a few “kurva anyád” from the stands as well during the race. God, he loved Hungarian people.

He talked a lot with the team during the practices, met up with Christian and his fellow bosses. During qualifying though, he wondered why he hadn’t seen their golden boy yet. Max was quite loved there in the paddock as well with a lot of Hungarians rooting for the Dutchman despite him winning almost every race, and with some people calling it boring. Seb had quite a good relationship with him, as they bonded back when Seb was still a part of the grid, because some people liked calling Max his successor and they really enjoyed joking with that.

After an actually, really exciting qualifying session, with Max disappearing again, he decided to walk to the other side of the paddock and visit his – again – old team. As he turned in on one corner, behind the McLaren motorhome, he saw somebody, dangerously resembling Max, cornering Charles up against the wall.

“Max? Charles? What’s going on? Is everything okay?” he asked in quick succession as the two bodies in front of him seemed to freeze.

Max quickly turned around, shading Charles’ from his view.

“Seb! Mate, what are you doing here? I mean, me and Charles were just talking, you know, about… about his quali lap. It was really good, no? I mean, me personally, I think it was marvellous considering he’s got a shitbox under him, but the way he hit that apex in turn 6, I can’ believe- “

“Max, considering I have known Charles really well for about 5 years, and I have listened to him rant about you at least a hundred times to know he has a hard on just from looking at you, you are not going to convince me that you were talking there no matter how much you maxplain, it is not going cover it up,” Seb smiled at them.

“Hey,” came Charles’ voice from behind Max. “That was supposed to be private information between us!”

As Max stepped away from Charles, and Seb saw how red the Monégasque seemed to be, he burst out laughing. “You guys seem to tell everything to each other, so it doesn’t really count as private anymore, I don’t think so. I wouldn’t even be surprised if I found you too were dating.”

The silence was loud.

“Well…”

“See,” Seb smiled. “I’m so happy for you kids! Plus, I always knew you two were going to end up with each other. Since Austria 2019 actually. Anyway,” he sighed. “I am going to leave you guys be, keep doing…whatever you have been doing, but don’t do anything bad please, I feel responsible for you young ones whenever I am in the paddock.” He kissed their cheeks as he left.

Max and Charles seemed to smile at each other, and Max has just opened his mouth to say something (god bless him, that boy can never shut up, he loves him though), he shouted back:    ”Though  Charles, I will expect you to tell me every juicy detail about him, as I am your favourite teammate.”

God, he knew, those kids can never keep anything for themselves.

hi!!! as this story is still fairly new, i am still going strong about it. hope it stays that way. schools hard though. hope its treating everyone well. love you guys, and enjoy!