"Berkshire Bobcats 🐯"

"Here it is

"Here it is." I say under my breath. I was just dropped off in front of my new boarding school Berkshire. I walked up to the front of the building. I walked around for a few minutes trying to hopefully find the front office. Suddenly I hear somebody behind me, as I turn a girl with dark curls says something. "Excuse me! Do you need help finding something?" I push my hair behind my ear. This girl is literally my savior. "Yes please! Do you know where the front office is?" Her eyes light up with joy.

"You're a new student I'm guessing. Follow me!" She says as she begins to walk the other direction as I follow her. A few minutes after chatting with this girl I feel like I pretty much know everything drama wise around here. "I'm piper by the way." She smiles at me. "Nice to meet you I'm  Ada." I smile back at her as she pulls open a huge door.

"Here we are." she says as she walks inside before soon leaving me infront of a front desk, "nice meeting you ada! See you around." Piper practically skips away. The woman sitting in a chair infront of me finally speaks up. "Hello dear, name?" She asks me right away. "Ada Brincat." I say cheerfully. "Ohh, the new hockey captain." The woman says. "Yes ma'am!" My words come out with excitement.

My eyes scan towards her name tag reading her name was Susan. It made me giggle to myself, Susan gave me an odd look as I quickly dropped my emotions. After getting my keys and schedule from Susan I walked out of the front office. I headed to my dorm, I was excited to see my roommates and possible teammates. Once I found my dorm after walking around after what felt like forever I saw my suitcases already on my bed.

The room had very different styles each bed had a different aesthetic. And one of the 4 beds in the room completely empty which was now mine. I tossed my keys on my bed and I also flopped down onto it as I let out an exhausting sigh. I soon got up and decorated my space. After I was done with that I heard a knock at the door, I walked over and opened it.

Standing at my door was a boy in the schools uniform. And holy.. He's absolutely jaw dropping. I realized I was staring a little too long. "I'm Ada!" I said trying to make conversation confused why he was here I'm not complaining though. his chiseled jaw line, and his muscles looking like there practically about to rip through his uniform and his perfectly fluffy brown hair.

"I'm Kieran, I'm the captain of the guys hockey team." He said I think he was trying to brag? "Nice to meet you Kieran." I smiled at him he did not smile back.. "I'm here to take you to the rink to show you around or whatever. Grab your skates." Kieran said as I nodded my head as I awkwardly went over to my bed where my skates laid.

After following Kieran around like a lost puppy dog in dead silence after I failed to start a conversation a few times. He just kept replying with two word responses. I just had given up to make conversation at this point. Once we finally got to the rink after what felt like forever with not talking. I admired its glory the rink was modern and looked newly built.

I followed Kieran inside until we got to the ice. Looking out onto the ice I saw what I assumed was now my team. They looked like an absolute mess just joking around half of them couldn't even skate a few feet without falling. "Goodluck Brincat." Kieran chuckled as he walked away. I quickly snapped around to look at him.

He knew my last name? I didn't mention that to him. Which I then assumed this whole acting cold to me thing was maybe cause he felt pressured by me being the girls new captain. Maybe he was intimidated by me. I laughed to myself at that thought.

I quickly put on my skates tying them securely. I'm still in the outfit I came here in a plain red hoodie and flared leggings, which were getting in the way of my skates. Stepping onto the ice our coach who I met at one of my games before with my old team introduced me. "LADIES. Listen up! This is your new team captain Ada Brincat." I smiled and waved to all the girls instead of getting a smile back I got cold glares.

"I expect you all to listen to her." I didn't realize I pretty much had a coaching job on top of playing.. Coach skated off the ice leaving me and the girls my age alone. "Sooo.. how many of you know how to skate?" I awkwardly smiled. This is gonna be a rough practice..

Once about 7 of the 19 girls that were there said they were the only ones who could even remotely skate I knew this was gonna be horrible. "Okk! Day one of practice is gonna be the basics." I smile at them as I started by teaching them how to gain momentum and stop. They would obviously have to find their balance on their own. Once I got them all skating we had to focus on stopping which they were struggling with.

After we finished up with stopping practice came to an end. "Great job guys!" I gave them all a genuine smile as they all got off the ice they smiled back at me. I even made friends with them which would also help my social status here. After putting all there phone numbers in my phone I made a group chat with everyone. I put the final touch on the group chat by adding the name, "Berkshire Bobcats 🐯".

Walking out of the rink I looked around it was completely dark out. The girls had already left I told them to go on ahead cause I had to put my equipment away. "Great.." I mumbled talking to myself as I had to figure out a way back to the dorms. Once I finally managed to make my way back to the dorms I walked in my room. Three girls who I assumed I was sharing a room with were all there.

I recognized two of them the other one I didn't. The brunette one was olive, the black hair girl was lily. They both said hey to me and they introduced me to a girl who was absolutely stunning. They were pretty but she was so gorgeous. "Hey nice to meet you, I'm Eden." she smiled at me and I also introduced myself.

"I'm Ada! Its nice to meet you to." After introducing myself we all were just chatting. These girls were super comforting and we already felt like best friends. Olive and Eden were sitting on the same bed when olive looked over at lily. "sooo.. how's Carter?"

The two started giggling profusely. "Shut uppp!!" Lily threw a pillow at them. I sat up in my bed. "fill me in!" Then I got a 2 hour gossip sesh about how pretty much our whole hockey team had crushes or something going on with the boys team. Apparently lily was the only one to even start something with one of them. "They can be such asses though."

We all collectively agreed, once everyone chilled out and got settled into bed we all just scrolled on our phones. I looked at Snapchat and saw my friends from back home were all having a party. I swiped up on my bestfriend maddies story. She told me that she just went home and started telling me all the drama. Our lives were so different now, back home I went to a public school.

Now I'm at some super fancy boarding school. I held the phone close to my chest my eyes filled up with tears. I missed home and started to get home sick. I wiped away my tears and started texting Maddie some more. We were shit talking people from my old school.

She asked me if there were any cute guys here. I told her about Kieran, and how much of an ass he was but also how hot he was. Around 11 pm me and Maddie both decided we needed sleep. I sent her one last text, "night mads, love you 💗" I powered my phone off and fell asleep.

____________________________________

Word count: 1440
Give me some feedback! Literally Inlove with this plot. I can't wait for you guys to see what happens later on. I also am obsessed with Ada!