prologue

Present day

Leilani was currently over at her brother, Lando, and his girlfriend, Neve's, house having dinner ahead of the Shanghai Grand Prix.

"Lani you're coming to watch my race next weekend by the way." Lando said as he sat down on the sofa in the living room.
"Pardon me what now." Leilani said as she looked up from her phone.
"You heard me."
"Lando I love you and I'm so happy you're doing the thing you love but I really don't have the time to watch cars drive around in circles for two hours." Leilani said as she put her phone away.

"What don't you have time for?" Neve asked as she entered the living room and sat down next to Lando who lifted her legs and placed them over his lap and began to gently rub them.

Neve and Lando had been childhood lovers. They'd gone to the same school together and Neve had been Lando's biggest supporter since the start of his career. They'd started dating at sixteen and had never looked back. Now they were coming up to eight years together and Leilani was eagerly waiting for her brother to ask the question.

As Neve had been such a big part of Lando's life from such a young age her and Leilani got on extremely well. The two were closer then sisters and went to each other with their problems all the time.

"Lando wants me to come to the Shanghai Grand Prix." Leilani replied to Neve's question.
"Omg yes! You should come pleaseee." Neve said, excited at the thought of Leilani finally showing up to a Grand Prix.
"Lando I really don't want to." Leilani said as she looked at her brother, hoping to change his mind.

"Okay well Mum and Dad also want you to come so you don't really have a choice." Lando said.
"Fuck's sake," Leilani sighed. "Can I at least bring Jasmine with me?"
"Yeah sure. I'll get her a pass." Lando said.
"Cool." Leilani replied before getting up and going to the guest room.

"Why does she have such a problem with coming to watch me?" Lando sighed as he leant his head back.
"No don't phrase it like that. She doesn't have a problem with coming to watch you. She just really doesn't like the sport." Neve said trying to make Lando feel better.
"She can't have that much of a problem with it. She loves karting." Lando said in frustration.
"Trust me babe there's a big difference between karting with friends and watching a 2 hour race." Neve said as she pulled Lando into her arms.

Neve knew Lando found it frustrating when his sister refused to go and watch his races or show any form of enthusiasm in the sport he loved and worked so hard for but Neve also knew that Leilani didn't mean to hurt Lando and felt bad that he took it personally but she genuinely just had no interest in formula one.

"I'll go talk to her." Neve said as she got up to move.
"You can do it in a bit." Lando said as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.
"Any reason why I need to do it in a bit?" Neve teased.
"Just stay here." Lando said before bringing his lips to Neve's and connecting them. The kiss began to deepen and Lando pulled himself on top of Neve whilst she wrapped her arms around his neck and began to play with his curls softly before a loud bang interrupted them.

"I did not need to see that." Leilani said in disgust before turning around and walking straight back into the guest room and messaging her mum (not about that).

MESSAGES

Leilani (Leilani ❤️)