Let Her Go

Haechiwang x Audrey

>Angst<

Werewolf au

❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤

"As a werewolf, when we mate, we need that person to love us back. If they don't, we die on our sixteenth birthday. The minute the clock hits midnight, our body shuts down, and that's it, we die," a girl explained, looking at the rock in front of her.

"Is that what happened to her?" the girl sitting next to her asked, her eyes wide. She turned to the stone in front of them.

She nodded, as she laid flowers on the grave. "Yeah, she knew who her mate was. She knew her time was limited, but she didn't do anything about it."

"Not like you did."

"I chased after my mate because I love her. She let her go because she loved her," the first girl whispered.

"That hole Emma felt without you, is her mate going to feel it?" the girl asked.

The first looked at her friend. "The minute Haechi died, the hole in her mate's heart became permanent."

The two sat there in silence.

*Let Her Go*

Haechi smiled as she watched her mate walk through the school doors. Just watching her mate brightened up her day. She'd be okay just watching her.

"Tell her," someone told her.

Haechi frowned and looked at her non blood related Unnie. "No, she's happy. I'm happy too."

"She's never going to be happy," Yeni reminded her in a condescending tone.

Haechi glared at her and stormed away. "Haechi tell her, before it's too late," Yeni called out.

Haechi ignored her and went to her first class.

Bada and Chocol walked up to Yeni and frowned. "She still hasn't done anything?"Bada asked her step-cousin.

Yeni shook her head. "Her birthday is in two days. I-I can't lose my sister. Mini unnie got her mate three years before her sixteenth birthday, I got mine two months ago. Bada, you have yours. Why can't she just admit she needs her mate? Why can't she just tell Audrey? Why does she have to be so damn stubborn?"

"She's stubborn. She doesn't want Audrey to feel like she needs to be with her," Chocol answered, as she watched her best friend's mate walk to her.

"We have two days to get Audrey and Haechiwang together," Bada said, as she moved away from her mate and cousin.

"How are we going to do this?" Chocol asked, looking at her mate walk up to Audrey and Emma.

"We have to make Audrey realize she needs Haechiwang," Yeni answered.

*Let Her Go*

"Why sixteen?" the girl asked, frowning.

"Legend has it, the first of our species angered the gods, and as punishment, made us depended on our mates. They gave us a limit on the amount of time we had to find our other halves," the first girl explained.

"And what exactly are you?" the girl asked, frowning.

Yeni smiled. "Werewolves."