Guilt At The Cave/Arrival In Jump City

3rd POV

It has been days since the failure at The Cult of Cobra facility, The team were admonished for leaving a teammate behind, Each of them feeling the guilt weighing them down heavier and heavier, it was worst for Barbara, Zatanna, and Wally Robins Closest friends. Today they were all going back to the facility to see if they could find anything about Robin like his whereabouts and hopefully create a plan to rescue The Boy Wonder, this time they would be accompanied with 3 Leaguers "Batman, Black Canary, and Superman"  had all volunteered to go. The had arrived by the Bio Ship The entered the facility and were shocked to see the decaying body of Cobra's leader, his neck had been snapped by extreme force according to Batman. They searched the facility it wasn't long before the group had been startled by the sound of a container falling to the ground, It was Zatanna who caused it to fall, she looked horrified her hand covering her mouth as tears began to well up in her eyes, Batgirl came forward to see what was in the container she too gasped she called for batman they had discovered what appeared to be Prisoner hear they confiscated, it was Robin's gear his suit was torn, dirty and had multiple stains of blood, Batman made a frustrated sound as the continued to search the building until the came to find a Testing lab the entered it was like something out of a horror movie medical tables covered in blood, used surgical equipment scattered everywhere but Batgirl found the doctor's notes it was a recount of what had occurred before they abandoned this facility.

Batgirl read it out loud.

Batgirl: Day one, subject goes by the alias "Robin" he had killed the exalted one in a act of fear and desperation, I don't think he meant for that kick to kill our glorious leader, because he became somewhat catatonic after that occurred, which made his easy capture possible. He has had all of his equipment confiscated and placed into a storage container.

Day two Subject has shown an incredible pain tolerance threshold, he doesn't understand why we are not Interrogating him, or trying to extract information, it's simple we are simply taking vengeance for our beloved master. Once he breaks then and only then can we finish our work with him.

Day 3 Subject has revealed his real identity not that any of us care his name is Richard Grayson, and he's 14 years old, how a mere child killed our leader is simply an insult we placed in capsule 3 and activated the process, we're done with this place, the cult has decided to go into hiding this is being left to tell those who may coming looking for him before placing him in capsule 3 he kept cry out for help by people who we could only assume were his loved ones and some other interesting things " Zatanna Save me, Wally Help me, Barbara please get me out of here, I wish I never met Bruce Wayne, I should have died with the Flying Grayson's) Hope you find him to your liking.

Zatanna had immediately run up towards a strange series of large capsule containers, right to the one labeled 3. She pressed on the lever labeled Release Once it opened Stream shot out along with the smell of burnt flesh and out fell a horribly charred body was near identical height as Robin, Zatanna backed away both hands covering her mouth she shook her head not yet willing to accept who this might be.

Batman took a syringe and drew blood from the burnt corpse he scanned the blood waiting for it to analyze it to determine a identity, it didn't take long as it finished quickly and the computerized voice of his scanner spoke out loud for all to hear.

Scanner: Match found This DNA Belongs to One Richard Grayson.

It was then Zatanna screamed out in agony, and so much regret, Batgirl punched a hole into a concrete wall, she wasn't just angry about what had happened, she is angry at herself, because of her, Dick was dead and tears fell from her like an angry river.

The trip back to the cave was met with great silence, this was a day they would never forget, none of them knew, That Robin had made those documents and placed his decoy in the capsule and his old gear in the storage container he was now arriving in Jump City as Grayson Blake.

He had discretely bought Private Property on a small Island just outside the city as he began working on his new gear he had a back up Robin suit but that would be temporary he felt it was time to move on from Robin and become someone else, something else.

He changed his hairstyle and put his Back up suit on not knowing the things that would be changing in the coming days.

TBC Next Time: Demons, Aliens, Cyborgs and Beast boys oh my.

Stay Savage My Friends