Elena & Liam Final Part

Elena's POV:

I was nervous to go back to school. That's a lie. I was nervous to see Liam.

I was worried what he would think of me now. Would he pretend it didn't happen? Would he call me his girlfriend? I wasn't sure.

It was just a cuddle. Nothing serious. Other than him mumbling my name in his sleep.

What was I thinking? Just walk into your lesson and stop being paranoid.

I took a breath and walked in.

I thought I was early, but it turns out I took so much time thinking about Liam, that now I was late.

I apologised to the teacher and went to sit down.

I didn't see Liam anywhere. Maybe he was sick? Did I get him sick? I only hugged him!

I realised I was just stood in the middle of the classroom, not going to my seat. I awkwardly looked around and started walking to my seat and sat down.

————

Liam didn't come into lesson. Or the lesson after that. Or after that, or in any lessons.

It was the end of the day and I was tired. It was raining, making my curly hair stick to my face. I started to walk home, when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder.

'What the-!' I jumped slightly and turned quickly, pushing whoever it was away from me.

To my suprise it was Liam.

'Oh my- I'm so sorry!' I said, covering my mouth.

He laughed quietly, 'It's alright,' he said, 'I should be the one apologising.'

I scrunched my face in confusion.

'I haven't been in lesson. I was going to text you but I didn't have your number. I'm sorry,' he said with a gentle tone.

His blonde hair stuck perfectly to his soft features. I admired him for a couple seconds before speaking, 'why weren't you in school?'

He sighed quietly before speaking, 'I was nervous. I didn't know what you would think of me. I am normally this big tough guy but that night I really wasn't. I got comfortable.'

My expression softened and I smiled warmly.

'I like it better that way,' I said softly. I lost my confidence when he brushed hair out of my face.

His shirt clung to his body, showing how toned he was. The rainy atmosphere made him way more attractive than he usually was.

'I like you, Elena,' he said, 'I think I have made it obvious, though.'

I knew he liked me. It just hadn't... clicked yet. Liam, the popular and funny guy, (who could win over anyone he wants), likes me.

I smiled after the silence of me taking in the information.

'I like you too,' I said. I wasn't able to contain my smile.

'Does that mean...' he started, stepping closer, 'I can do this..'

'Do wh..'

I'm cut off when he placed his soft lips on mine. I kissed him back and closed my eyes. The cold rain running down my back couldn't compare to his warm embrace.

word count: 500