Darcy & Chester Part 4

Chester's POV:

My burst of confidence stopped. I found myself laying in Darcy's arms, blood dripping from my face.

The teacher was shouting at Conner infront of me, even though I was the one that started it.

Darcy held me close, it felt rewarding.

'I'm sorry,' I managed to get out, trying not to cough up blood.

'It's okay, you're okay,' she says softly, kissing my forehead, 'you didn't have to do that. Don't get yourself hurt again.'

When she kissed me I felt my face flush pink. Did she like me? I was happy to know she actually cared about me.

I snuggled further into her embrace, the pain was starting to get worse.

I closed my eyes and tried to take deep breaths, but my heart was pounding so hard because of how close I was to Darcy.

'I'll take it from here,' the principal said, walking in and crossing his arms. He stared at me like I was a peice of rubbish.

The medics came and put stinging alcohol on my wounds, Darcy had to go back to her seat.

———

I was sat outside the principal's office, waiting for Conner and the principal to stop shouting at eachother inside.

As it was break, Darcy walked up to me. I smiled, but not too widely as my face hurt.

I stood up and hugged her tightly. Her comfort felt nice. I wrapped my arms around her lower back and rested my head ontop of hers.

'Are you feeling better?' She asked with a gentle tone, rubbing my back soothingly.

'Now that you're here, yes. But I still have to go and see the principal. I'm probably going to get shouted at,' I sigh as I pull away from the hug to look her in the eyes.

'Just know i'll be right outside,' she says as she smiles warmly.

I had a feeling - for a split second - that I had officially won her over. I admired her smile for a few seconds before leaning in and planting a small kiss on her cheek.

The principal cleared his throat behind us. I sighed and squeezed Darcy one more time before walking into his office, switching places with Conner.

I could tell the principal was about to shout.

'If you are just going to shout at me, I don't see why me being here is necessary,' I said rudely, crossing my arms. I've had enough of his shit already.

'Well you're here. So lets get this over with,' he says before taking a breath, 'What the HELL were you thinking!? Starting a fight infront of the whole class?'

As he started yelling, I was getting wound up. I thought of Darcy, her sweet face and her beautiful voice. I smiled to myself.

'Think this is funny? Wait until I tell your parents!' The principal shouts loudly, loud enough for Darcy to hear outside.

I gulp, my parents will definitely ground me for eternity.

word count: 495