The Sun Summoner

I awoke to the sound of arguing amongst different voices. I quickly got up and put a long robe on. When I walked out I saw the geisha that had traveled with me and Aleksander.
"Aleksander what's going on?" I asked clutching my robe.
The room quieted as soon as I spoke and the general turned to me. He walked over to me and without another word pulled me into our bedroom and just hugged me.
"Aleks what's wrong?" I said holding him knowing how much he needed it.
"They found her, they found the sun summoner and now everyone is looking at me for all the answers."
I had only ever heard rumors of a grisha who could summon the sun from the men outside my cells. But I never imagined that they could be real.
"Because they trust you Aleks, they know you always figure something out. To me it sounds like they view you as a great leader."
He pulled away from me.
"What did I do to deserve you?" He asked holding my shoulders.
I smiled at him before kissing him. We stayed like that till we heard someone entering the tent.
He cleared his throat and held his hand out for me to take. I room it and he led me out of the room to the army and a girl being held by guards.
"Bring her closer." Kirigan said facing the girl.
The first army guards did. You could clearly see there discomfort being in a tent full of grisha. They bowed to the general then left the tent in a rush.
"Closer," he said again to the horrified girl.
I decided to step in, she was clearly terrified and she hadn't done anything.
"It's okay we won't hurt you," I told her offering her my hand.
She stared at it for a second before realizing I meant her no harm and took it. Her hands were rough and had a deep scar on one.
"Well?" Aleks said to her.
"Well what? Sir." Aurora could tell the words had come out harsher than she intended.
"What are you?"
She stared at him in confusion.
"Alina Starkov, Assistant Cartographer, Royal Corps of Surveyors." She spoke sounding more confident.
Kirigan tilted his head at her before she looked down again.
"They're all gone. It's my fault. That's why I'm here, isn't it?"
Before she could continue ranting Kirigan cut her off.
"Answer the question. What are you?"
"A mapmaker, sir" She said pausing at each word in clear confusion.
The rest of the geisha started laughing except a few of the generals inner circle, Zoya, me, and Aleksander.
"Quiet."
Everyone went silent at his command. I still found it so amazing that they all followed him and put their faith in him.
"So who actually saw what happened?" He said looking to the crowd that was on the skiff including Zoya.
"Zoya? You manned the main sail."
Zoya sighed knowing she had no choice but to say what she saw.
"We were attacked barely two markers in. Someone lit a lantern." She said thinking that's all.
"And?" Kirigan said clearly knowing there was more to the story.
"The volcra went after the riflemen and our Inferni first. And then there was a searing light."
"It was her!" Another geisha rang out pointing at the confused girl.
Aleks turned back to her. "Our mapmaker. Is this true? Can you summon light?"
The girl stopped and stared at him before slowly shaking her head no.
"Where did you grow up?"
"Keramzin."
"And when were you tested?"
The girl said nothing and the general looked up at this.
"You don't remember? Well, let us just make certain."
He slowly let go of my hand and I let go of the girls. He pulled off his ring with a claw on it.
"Lift up your sleeve."
"What's happening?" She asked.
"Your sleeve. Please."
This time it was not a request it was an order. So she did. He cut her with his ring and a searing light burst from her. The girl looked at the light in astonishment but to be fair everyone else did to.
"Dear come heal her cut," he said turning to me wanting me to make the light stop.
I nodded and walked to the still panicked girl. Before she could comprehend what was happening I had already healed her cut. Aleks had been teaching me to use my abilities.

"You heard me. Let's go. Get in." Ivan said to the girl Aleks had ordered to be put in the carriage.
The gaurds holding her pushed her forward before she stood straight.
"No."
Ivan looked at her, nobody ever went against the generals orders.
"There's been a mistake. I need to find Mal." She spoke with urgency.
"The general does not make mistakes." Ivan said quickly.
I knew that was a lie everyone made mistakes and Aleksander was no exception.
"His orders were to get you to the Little palace immediately. Now get in the coach." He said in his usual threatening voice.
"Everyone makes mistakes. Look at me. Do I look important to you?"
I knew how she felt when you had only ever been treated badly you didn't think you were anything.
"You look like trouble. Which is nearly the same." He said watching her every move.
I sighed at Ivan's behavior, we needed to work on politeness.
"Ivan, calm down she is scared and lost. Give her a minute to comprehend this." I told him firmly.
He said nothing and eventually nodded.
"You said your name is Alina?"
She nodded at me.
"I need to speak to Malyen Oretsev. He's in the medic tent."
I could tell she was worried for her friend but we needed it get her in the carriage now.
"Alina I will make sure he is fine before we leave but now you need to get in the carriage for your safety and everyone else's safety. I said more firmly now.
She didn't say anything before letting Ivan drag her into the carriage. Ivan closed the door behind her before turning to me.
"I know Aurora I need to be over but-"
I cut him off by hugging him. I knew he was stressed out and he was only following orders. Our hug was cut short by the sound of someone clearing their throat. It was Aleksander, he was holding my kefta and another one he must have taken from someone else.
"Take this my dear, I want you to ride with Ivan and Feydor." He said taking me in his arms.
"Okay, since she's injured can I heal her on the way over?"
He smiled and nodded knowing how much I liked being able to use my abilities. I hugged him one more time before he was whisked away by others. Ivan helped me into the carriage and then we took off.
Away from the first army camp.