01, Apples And Cinnamon

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

❝ 01 , apples and cinnamon ❞

The entrance to Platform 9 and ¾ didn't scare either of the sisters as they pushed their trolleys through. Layla had done it a million times and Clara had seen her sister do it more than once. It was easy, the brief darkness was terrifying but then they were on the platform. Layla quickly looked back, catching the awe on Clara's face. First years were always so impressed by the Platform. Layla longed to be like that again.

"Come on," Layla encouraged as she pushed the trolley out of the way. Clara did the same but her focus wasn't on where she was going. Instead, she was constantly looking around, taking in the sights and sounds. The platform was a little crowded. Families with trolleys and the conductor were talking with others. There were First Years talking nervously with their parents and Seventh Years excitedly talking with their friends about the last year.

Layla couldn't believe that she was a Seventh Year. It terrified her that after this year, there was no more Hogwarts. She was going out into the real world. The real world was absolutely terrifying but she knew that she was ready for it.

"Hey," Clara suddenly said. Layla's head shot to meet her sister's gaze and she let the smile spread across her face. She hoped that it was somewhat soothing to the girl, "What do I do now?" Clara asked softly. Layla quickly leant forward and pulled her trunk off of her trolley.

"Let's put our trolleys back," Layla posed. Clara nodded and she followed her sisters lead as they put their trolleys with the stack that had already begun to form. They then weaved through the crowds, holding onto their trunks and Layla found an empty space, "Right," Layla said. Clara looked at her expectedly.

"Are you leaving me?" Clara asked, a frown appearing on her lips. Layla sighed and she glanced around the station. There were so many people.

"It's a rite of passage. But if you don't find anyone, you can come to my friends," Layla said as she knelt down to be more on Clara's level. Layla took a hold of her sister's face, forcing her to look at her. Clara nearly shoved her hands away but she knew that it was going to be an inescapable fate, "When I got on the train, I found people and we're even friends now. You have to put yourself out there. But if something goes wrong, you have me, alright? If people are being mean, I'll be right here." The softness in Layla's tone certainly soothed Clara's anxiety a little bit. She nodded her head and stepped back from Layla.

"I'll be fine," Clara said as she grabbed onto her trunk and headed towards the carriage. Layla chuckled, watching her sister walk off like she ran the world. The confidence that Clara had was something that Layla wished she had also inherited. Layla couldn't help the smile that crept onto her lips.

It may have been her last year but her sister was about to go on her own adventure. The adventure of a lifetime. Hogwarts wasn't everything but Layla couldn't deny that her years at Hogwarts had been some of her best. Though, there wasn't much of a competition since she had gone to muggle school before she had received the letter from Hogwarts.