xxxiii

𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, "𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄?"

Dorothea Tonks was asking herself the same question at this very moment as she walked through the large front doors of Malfoy Manor. Her family had no idea she was here, of course. She had to sneak out her bedroom window and use a Portkey that was hidden near her house to get to the meeting at her aunt and uncle's mansion.

Little did they know that when Bellatrix offered her a spot on the Death Eaters, she only agreed so that she could spy on them for the Order. Again, Tonks had no idea she was doing this and would soil herself if she knew. But what was Dorothea supposed to do? Sit around on house arrest while everyone else was risking their lives to stop this war?

Fuck, no. She wasn't a baby anymore; she'd just turned 16 years old and was perfectly capable of taking care of herself. She knew what she was getting into, and she knew how dangerous it would be if the Death Eaters found out she wasn't loyal to them.

She wasn't too worried. She'd taught herself Occlumency, which was how she was able to lie straight to Bellatrix's face when she gave her the offer.

Dorothea walked into the room where all the Death Eaters were sitting around a long table. She gulped when they all looked at her. She saw Draco's face flash with concern, and Narcissa's jaw clenched as she sent a glare to Bellatrix for getting her involved.

Okay. Relax. Breathe. Control your emotions, she thought to herself as she took a deep breath. She spotted Professor Snape staring at her in confusion, his brows pulling together.

"Dorothea," Lord Voldemort greeted her from the head of the table.

"Mr. Dark Lord, sir." Dorothea gave him a small, nervous curtsy.

"I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come. We've saved you a seat." Voldemort motioned to the empty chair next to Draco. "For those of you who do not know, this is Bellatrix and Narcissa's niece, Dorothea Tonks. She has so graciously agreed to join us in our cause," he told the Death Eaters as she sat down next to her cousin.

"Thea, what are you doing here?" Draco asked her in a quiet whisper. Dorothea slowly shook her head to tell him she couldn't answer that.

"You had no business getting the poor child involved in this, Bellatrix," Narcissa hissed at her older sister.

Bellatrix shrugged, unbothered. "She wanted to be on the winning team."

Draco took Dorothea's shaking hand underneath the table. He gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Severus, you bring news, I trust?" Voldemort asked the professor.

"It will happen Saturday next at nightfall," Snape replied. It was referring to the moving of Harry Potter from his home at Privet Drive.

"I've heard differently, my lord," another Death Eater, Yaxley, said. "Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns 17."

"This is a false trail," Snape stated. "The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry."

A Death Eater snorted. "Well, they got that right, haven't they?" There was laughter from around the table.

"What say you, Dorothea?" Voldemort addressed the youngest member at the table. "You must know something with your older sister being in the Order."