Chapter - 5

INAAYA'S  POV.

I woke up to the sunlight hitting on my face through the window. I yawned before opening eyes.
Sameer was sleeping next to me. Seeing him, all the memories from yesterday flooded my mind. So many emotions were inside my heart.
Anger, sadness, concern, etc.

I heard a faint voice.
"Inaaya?"
"Inaaya?"

Crap!!!
I was so lost in thought, I didn't notice Sameer woke up.

"Yes?", I answered him.
"What happened to you?", he questioned.
"Nothing, I was just thinking some thing", I said.
"You don't need an excuse to look at me, you know.
I am your husband", he said.

Blood rushed to my cheeks. I quickly turned away, hiding my face.

What's wrong with him?
Why is he acting like that?

I got up and said, "I am gonna go fresh up".

"Ok", he said.

We stared at each other for a moment. I was about to go when he hesitantly said,
"About yesterday..."
"What about yesterday?", I asked bluntly.
"I know I was wrong about leaving so abruptly and I want to apologize to you", he said, staring deeply into my eyes.

Darn those dark brown eyes.

I almost melted but the thought of my parents and his parents going through such an embarrassment rushed to my mind.

Stay strong Inaaya.

I didn't reply to him. Instead, I stalked towards the bathroom to take a shower.

I heard a heavy sigh leaving his lips.

SAMEER'S  POV.

What the hell was I doing!?!
It was a simple apology. But still, I messed up. I thought to myself while rubbing my palm on my forehead.

Anyways, I should fresh up.

I took a bath, brushed my teeth and wore a peach coloured T-shirt and black track pants.

I gulped before going down. The thought of how will I face them scared me.

I marched towards the staircase and got down. Everyone was present at the table. I can't even raise my head in front of them. I quietly walked towards the table and sat beside Inaaya.

I looked at her. She was eating quietly. Inaaya turned her face towards me.
She probably sensed my gaze.
Her blue coloured orbs twinkled.
She immediately looked down and continued eating.

Why?
Why am becoming so vulnerable around her?
I couldn't resist thinking about her eyes.

I focused on my food.

Dad said, breaking the silence, "I am hosting a party tomorrow to welcome and introduce Inaaya to all my friends and business partners. This is also to celebrate your marriage".

"Ok, Uncle Khatib", Inaaya answered with a smiling face.

"You better not leave in the middle of this function too", Dad taunted, looking towards me.

Embarrassment, guilt and shame weighed on my chest.

"Anyways, let's eat quickly. We have so many preparations to do", said Sahil, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Yes. Let's focus on tomorrow's party for now", added Samara.

My mom and Inaaya nodded. My dad still maintained his cold expression.

Finally, everyone finished their breakfast and left the table.

That was one awkward breakfast.

I went upstairs, towards my room and saw Inaaya already sitting on the bed, scrolling through her phone.