Chapter Thirty

Silence...

"Mom... Dad...."

Kai knew the small young voice had been his.

So why was he hearing it again? To hear his voice all those years ago? Had Morro been going through his memories this much to where he'd dream about them?
About that... day? Or was this something else?
He frowned and got up, lifting himself from this memory he was in. Forced to wait until his body recovered. The ghosts must have done something to force him to rest otherwise he wouldn't be seeing such things. That or... Morro was possessing him again.

He saw himself, just him and his sister. Young and abandoned at their father's black smith shop. It was a good thing they had kind folk nearby to help them. He still remembered their meals, how Nya tried to cook while he worked with the tools and tried making swords. All those years of training and now he was a ninja. Eh, it wasn't the best hobby. He just didn't have enough patience to properly prevent the blade from curling. But there was another thing, He rarely remembered ever burning himself whenever he worked. He had always thought he had tough hands but now, maybe that was an inner strength of being the fire ninja.

He watched before turning his head so he wouldn't have to see it again. "I don't want to see this." He said.
"Just... wake... up!" He told himself. But then It began to change and warp as he was suddenly in the destiny bounty. He was in the hall when he heard laughing from the dining room. He left, following the sounds of familiar voices. Heading towards the room as he walked up to the door. He looked at the light that was peaking through the door until he had walked up and glanced inside. Inside he watched the others recalling something about Lloyd. He remembered this memory. "He had walked in listening to the others recall something with Cole and Lloyd when he dragged him into a hike with him.

Cole was laughing. "Hey it's not my fault I dragged him in. Master Wu said to help train in our own environment and so that's just what I did." He said.

Jay laughed, "We aren't all granted the strength of the earth like you." He said and nudged his arm.

Cole laughed pushing him away. "Says the guy that failed trying to fly in the skies with a glider."

Jay rolled his eyes. "Hey, at least Lloyd was able to handle my quest."

And he heard himself laugh. "Oh Yeah? When you mean your quest do you mean my score on our v-games?" He asked, Leaning on the door frame.

To which the ninja all looked at him and smiled.

"Well look who finally showed up." Nya spoke. "Come over here and get some food while it's still on the table."

Kai was about to but he saw the memory of himself proceed and he was left to watch. He stared as he remembered that this.... wasn't real... Just the past playing back.

"Isn't that nice?"

Kai turned and the memory faded as he looked to Morro who was watching him with folded arms. "What? Got too sick of me that you needed to possess me again?" He growled. "Couldn't have given me another thirty minutes?" He asked.

Morro frowned. "After your little show, no..." He said before looking around. " You do have some interesting dreams. All I have is my past to see when I close my eyes."