26 ~ threats

"Emilie, look!" Arthur says excitedly, as I walk into the living room. It's now Sunday and the race is starting soon. Charles is P1 again! It's been a good weekend. Max is P2 so there will definitely be a fight there.

We got home from the hospital last night after being awake for over 36 hours. It was a long night in the hospital and neither me or Arthur got any sleep. The doctors said it was nothing life threatening but they wanted me to stay there for a few hours to observe me. I'd been there for over 12 hours, so if it was life threatening I think I would have died by then.

"What?" I laugh as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the back doors. I haven't been in the garden very much yet. It is a really nice garden though.

"I thought you would want to sit outside in the garden to watch the race." He smiles, pulling me out of the back doors and over to a large screen with a projector shining onto it; there are beanbags and blankets on the grass facing the screen. It's really cute.

"I love it!" I say, walking over to it and sitting down on a bean bag. Arthur quickly runs inside to get some popcorn and then sits down beside me, putting the bowl between us.

The build up to the race is already on the screen as the commentators talk. The cars are being pushed onto the grid.

"I hope Charles wins." Arthur says, leaning back on the beanbag and taking a handful of popcorn.

"Same." I agree, smiling at him. They push Charles' car into the P1 position and take the covers off the tyres, before quickly running off the track. The formation lap begins and all the cars follow Charles round the track.

"Charles said that you've got to eat a proper meal tonight, so after this I will cook you whatever you want." Arthur says, looking at me and smiling slightly.

"I hope your cooking isn't as bad as Charles'. He burnt the beans last time. Like how do you burn beans?" I laugh, as Charles weaves onto the grid, stopping his car in the space just before the line.

"It's not, don't worry." Arthur says, laughing at me while keeping his eyes on the screen.

"And the last car is on the grid. That's the green flag at the back as the red lights begin to illuminate ready for the whole 190 miles of this street circuit here in Azerbaijan. And it's five lights out and away we go. Max Verstappen gets a good launch off the line and is neck and neck with Charles Leclerc as they go into turn 1." David Croft shouts through the screen as the race begins. I swear all that comes out of his mouth is pure waffle.

They continue round the track, fighting for first place all the way round. As they drive down the straight, Max's front wheel gets scarily close to Charles' car.

They make contact. Max hits the back of Charles, forcing them both to spin out. Charles hits the barriers and goes skidding across the track as Max's rear wing hits the wall. Debris is all over the track.

Checo crashes into the side of Charles, his front wing breaking off and making the Ferrari roll over onto it's top. I take a deep breath and watch closely as my eyes fill with tears. That was a big crash.

"Are they ok?" I ask worriedly, standing up and keeping my eyes glued to the screen.

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Arthur says, his voice sounding uncertain as he looks at the screen in slight shock.

"They crashed into each other!" I state loudly, pointing at the screen in front of me. "They aren't answering, why aren't they answering the radio?" I add, as both teams ask if they are ok.

Arthur doesn't say anything and just watches the screen. Max's radio comes onto the screen.

"I'm ok. What the fuck was he doing? He swerved in front of me!" Max says angrily, his radio crackling slightly as he speaks.