-16-

After the brightness diminished, everyone adjusted their eyes to see the results.

Some smoke prevented Akane and the rest from seeing the state of the female Godzilla. The readings of radiation in front of them were high, the same amount a titan like Godzilla's species emitted. ["Did it work?"] Rick asked on the radio. However, when Akane reviewed the autistic resonance from in front...there wasn't any sound to tell them that the Godzilla specimen was with life. At this moment Akane started to panic, thinking that they may have either made things much worse or have internally fried the interior of the titan. More so, she began to feel even more guilty for having thought of such idea, fearing that she had done something that, as desperate and hopeful as it had seemed, turned out to be an utter failure. This mistake, this attempt to help, had led to a disgrace to the memory and wishes of her deceased mentor.

Just when Akane's mind was about to spiral into deep guilt and despair, a small beeping in the panel began to sound.

When she looked up, the panel showed that a small resonating thrumming was starting to be detected. Gradually, it began to increase as the energy detection systems began to sound more frantically. A rumbling was heard up ahead, making Akane look up to the screen displays that showed what Shiryu saw. As the smoke began to clear, the large and glowing dorsal plates began to pulse more vividly and move as the female Godzilla began to rise once more. The pulsing began to increase, Akane felt even without the systems and instruments, as the titan loomed over the two again. This time it felt like witnessing an entire colosal mountain rise up from the ground, large and powerful. Immediately after the female Godzilla rose to full height, the alarms of an imminent attack began to blare around the cockpit. Akane snapped out of her awe-induced trance and grabbed the controls to pull Shiryu into evasive maneuvers. And in good time as she saw that the female Godzilla was just finished charging up its atomic breath before firing.

However, instead of firing at one of the two mechagodzillas...the atomic breath missed them completely and streaked past the two. The atomic breath impacted the wall through which the two of them drilled through, creating a powerful explosion. Akane yelped in fright as she moved Shiryu out of the way of the falling boulders, Shiryu Kai doing the same. Akane covered her eyes as the female Godzilla continued to use its atomic breath to blast through the cavern...until it was finished. The final product was a wide path made to exit out of the hidden chamber. The dorsal plate glow from the back of the female Godzilla soon simmered down until the glow faded, having finished blasting through the rocks and boulders. Akane gave a sigh of relief that the titan was aiming at the wall, and not them, but immediately tensed up when the female Godzilla turned around focused its attention back at the Shiryu units. The titan turned around fully and walked towards Shiryu Kai, tail flicking as they examined the autonomous mechagodzilla.

Afterwards the female Godzilla turned to face the other unit and approach it, stopping right in front of Shiryu's face with narrowed eyes and an intimidating look. Akane remained still inside the cockpit, hoping that the female Godzilla didn't attack them. Without any warning, the AI in the system suddenly acted on its own and began playing the resonating sound from Shiryu's chest, the soothing heartbeat pulse beginning. "What? No! Not now!" Akane whispered as she tried frantically to stop the sound from continuing, but then she noticed something occur on the female Godzilla. The titan heard the resonating acoustic sound coming from the mechagodzilla...and then its gaze began to soften. Akane gasped silently as she saw the slight change that was seen on the titan's face, as if she were looking right back at an intelligent being. Moments passed, almost like another eternity, before the female Godzilla gave a snort of hot air at Shiryu and back away in order to leave. "Umm...thanks? And...you're welcome." Akane said softly, still impacted by the second close encounter that she had with the large titan. Chibisuke, seeing that nothing has happened, exited from his hiding spot and went over to Shiryu, squeaking happily. Akane sighed in relief and smiled a bit, kneeling down to reach a mechanized hand and gently pat the hatchling on the head. "Your mother is a really scary titan. But she is also awesome" she said to Chibisuke, not minding if he didn't understand her.