CHAPTER 11

Richard's POV

As she throws a cold glare my way, my body shudders but not for long.

The sight of her dress spilling over her thigh, her hair relaxing over her shoulder takes my breath away.

Her eyes sparkle despite the anger in them. Her skin is so soft and smooth, and temptations to trail my hands over them run through me.

Suddenly, she steps away, diverting her gaze from me. A man appears in front of her, and I recognize him.

Griffin.

They talk for a second before he leads her upstairs, making me raise a brow in curiosity.

What the hell is he taking her there for? Why is he taking her upstairs?

I did not have time to tend to the jealousy flaring up inside of me when Leonard taps my shoulder with a soft triumphant chuckle.

I twirl around in anticipation to face him.

Even without a word, the truth is obvious. It is her. Every fiber in me can attest to that. Everything about her is familiar to me. There is no denying that she is the one.

But I wanted my doubts cleared. I wanted no more atoms or tiny pieces of doubt left before taking the next action. But now that the truth is stark naked in front of me, I am clueless on what the next action should be.

Ask her to tell the truth? Tell her I have evidence that she is my ex-wife? Tell her I know everything now and it was high time she came clean and let's get past with the past?

Will this partnership even work out if we both know the truth about knowing about each other's real identity?

Leo signals to me to follow him out of the big hall and I obey, staring back to be sure Arabel isn't in sight. When we are outside, I stretch an arm towards him and without a word, he drops it.

It is a recorder.

My only piece of evidence.

“I’m afraid you already know the answer, boss. She is your ex-wife,” he reveals eventually, looking proud of his accomplishment.

If there is anyone I trust to do a job like this, then it is Leo. His skills and confidence are top-notch. The fact that he always manages to include a tiny bit of drama intrigues me.

With a nod, I thank him before heading back to the party just in time to see Arabel coming downstairs with Griffin.

A man approaches her and they talk for a while before he leaves but not without giving her a brief side hug and a peck on the forehead. I furrow my brow.

Just then, it hit me.

She is married. To that young hot dude.

At the thought, my heart sinks. But then, my mind drifts back to the tiny recorder sitting calmly in my pant pockets. I should listen to it. Every answer to all the questions twirling around my head lies there.

Before that, I need to talk to her. I want to know if she is still going to keep up with the pretense. And I want to steal her away from all the perverted-looking old men gawking at her.

Without thinking, I stride towards Griffin, flashing him a professional smile.

“Griffin.”

“Ah, Richard. I'm glad you could make it,” he lets go of Arabel and comes to embrace me. “How is America?”

“Fine. We should talk business before you go back, shouldn't we?” I nod, unable to express my disinterest in talking business with him.

I am not here because of him. I only came here for a purpose; to see Arabel.