Chapter 41: Progress Further P2

November 6th, 9:56pm

Y/N fell asleep quite earlier than usual. She needs the rest anyway though. After she's deep asleep, I slip out from under the blanket and get off the bed.

After heading downstairs, I head into the hall and enter the lab room Seungmin does all his testing in. He's hunched over his lab table.

"How's trying to make a cure sample going?"

"It'll take a while." He looks up at me and fixes the glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose. "But I'll take no longer than a week at most. Hopefully."

"Yeah... hopefully." I sigh and lean against the wall.

"But it won't be hard. I've made cures for other things. Remember when COVID hit? Cured you guys real good."

My lips curve into a smile as I think back to that.

"Oh yeah, you definitely did. You know, Seungmin. I'm really grateful we found you that day and took you in out of nowhere to recruit you."

Seungmin has a faint smile on his face now. He never really took compliments that well and he wasn't too much of an emotional person. But I can tell he's grateful he found this group as well.

"I'm grateful too, Chan."

I reach out to pat his head. "Alright, I'll head out now. Don't spend the entire night trying to figure out this cure. And make sure you don't get infected accidentally."

He nods and I take that as my cue to leave now. I go to the kitchen after leaving the lab room and see Felix and Lily having a conversation while Felix spreads some cream cheese onto one half of a bagel. I take a few steps towards them and lean back against the counter. I cross my arms over my chest as I speak, a smirk growing on my face.

"You guys aren't going to get freaky in the kitchen after I leave, are you?"

Felix and Lily both get embarrassed, their cheeks turning a shade of red.

Felix defends himself, retorting with a stutter. "O-of course not! You already said not to after last time..."

I start laughing. "I know, just kidding. But seriously, don't have sex on the furniture ever again. Anywhere besides your bedrooms and bathrooms!"

Felix rolls his eyes and holds Lily close to him by her waist. "Definitely not. That was a big mistake."

Lily shrugs. "Well, it was your fault. You said no one was home."

"Hey, I didn't think anyone was home!"

Lily scoffs and walks away, out of the kitchen to the staircase. Felix groans and punches me in the shoulder before going off to follow her.

I laugh, rubbing my now slightly sore shoulder. I love getting him in trouble sometimes.

- ,, 4:35am

I feel a hand on my shoulder, my body getting gently shaken. My eyes crack open, fluttering a few times as I try to wake up. I look up to my right and see Y/N sitting back on her heels next to me, her white silk nightdress hanging off her shoulders loosely.

"What's wrong, baby?" My voice is tired and deep, croaking slightly.

"I accidentally uhm..." She leans back and points to something on the floor.

I groan as I sit up, my head throbbing from waking up at such a time. I move closer to her side of the bed and look over the edge. I see a bunch of vomit on the carpeted floor.

"Ah shit..."

"Sorry. It was sudden." She sounds very apologetic and looks ashamed as I look at her. I smile and kiss her forehead reassuringly.

"It's okay. I'll clean it up. Try to go back to sleep, alright? I'll just keep the light on for a few seconds."

She nods and lays back down on her side, pulling the blanket over her shoulder and trying to go back to sleep.

I get up from the bed after a few moments and go to the bathroom to get some cleaning supplies. Although I'm not happy I have to clean vomit off the carpet of all places, which is going to be really hard to get the smell out of, I can't be upset at her. At least she apologized, and she did say it was sudden. I can't expect her to go to the bathroom quickly every time she feels the need to vomit. It's the middle of the night after all.

I walk back into the bedroom and turn the bedside table lamp on. The sight of vomit is a bit gruesome, but the vomit is really watery. That's a bit concerning to me. Has she not been eating as much? Her stomach must be just vomiting out water since there's not as much stomach contents anymore. I'll have to check with Seungmin about this. Y/N hasn't been feeling all too well and I'm really worried she's not getting the treatment and food she needs.

I crouch down and try to wipe most of the vomit off the carpet with a wet towel. Gosh it smells bad...

After cleaning off most of the vomit and trying to get the smell out with a bit of bleach and scenting, it doesn't smell like vomit anymore. At least for now. I slip back into bed after washing my hands and turning off the lights. I pull my clothes back off and pull my baby close to me to cuddle her.

I watch her sleeping face. She looks so adorable while she sleeps, her chubby cheek pressed against the pillow, smooshing her face and making her lips puff out slightly. I stroke her hair gently and yawn, feeling sleepiness reach me all over again.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

I literally got harassed online for boycotting LMB so I haven't been feeling that great now 👎🏻 but I'll be better tomorrow and right more hopefully. You guys stay safe in the community, esp on Twitter and Insta cuz it's wild right now 😭

ೃ⁀➷