Chapter 42: Levanter

November 7th, 9:40am

Seungmin finishes writing down his notes and tries to figure out what's wrong with me. "Y/N, I don't think there's really that much wrong with you. You might just be having a baby girl and that's why your hormone levels are stressing so much."

"A girl! I've always wanted a girl." Chan grins down at me and squeezes my shoulder as he stands beside me.

I smile weakly at him before turning back to look at Seungmin.

"So...what if it's not because we're having a girl?"

"Well, we can't really know if it's a girl or not. The earliest you can find out the gender is 11 weeks but that's not as accurate. Since you're 7 weeks in though, I'll give you an ultrasound in four more weeks, alright? Until then, just make sure you're eating lots of healthy things. I saw you snacking on a lot of weird and unhealthy things lately, so just know that you should cut down on that. Eat more rice, chicken, protein, vegetables, and fruits. Okay? If you don't know what to eat, I'll cook your meals for you or give you ideas whenever you ask. And drink lots of fluids. I know going to the bathroom constantly can be annoying but it'll be good for you and the baby."

I nod my head with a smile. "Okay. Thanks, Min."

He nods and then leaves our room. I let out a sigh and lean my head back on the headboard.

"You okay? Feeling any better?" My fiancé sits down next to me and tucks a few loose strands of hair behind my ear.

I shake my head. "I honestly feel so exhausted. I'm sorry if I'm burdening you with you having to take care of me."

"Are you kidding? I'd love to take care of you 24/7!! I just can't right now at least. But don't feel bad. You're my world, and you're carrying our child. You're doing so much for us too. I love you."

Chan leans forward and presses his lips against my forehead. A warm fuzzy feeling grows inside my chest again and I smile instantly.

"I love you too."

- ,, 3:25pm

I sit on the living room couch with Lily, watching a kdrama with her. She's been begging me to watch a new kdrama that came out with her, so I decided to let in. She cuddles up against me, her head resting on my pregnant tummy cause she says it's comfy. I don't mind because it feels cozy right now, and it doesn't put too much pressure on my tummy.

As we finish the last episode that aired, though not the last episode of the kdrama, Lily gets up and stretches with a yawn.

"Ahh, that kdrama was soooo good. I wish they didn't leave us off on such a big cliffhanger though!"

I chuckle softly and nod with agreeance. "Right? I hate when they do that. But at least the next episode airs tomorrow."

"Yessss, I can't wait!"