82. Escapee

Day 7

Day 7

Dawn

Kaurava Camp

Kurukshetra

"An illusion only tricks the mind, Yuvraj, never the heart."

The woman's warnings were unheard by Duryodhan as he swung his sword in preparation for the war. His uncle, Shakuni, only smirked at the scene, prideful in another one of his treacheries. The tent was secluded, only Dusshasan, Shakuni, Duryodhan and this woman were in there.

"I'm sure they are suspicious of me." She narrowed her eyes at him as he laughed at her words. He kept his sword on one of the stands, turning around to face her. The woman, who was leaning over a table and dressed in a yellow sari resembling Indu's, was approached by him. Duryodhan glared at her as he barged his hands onto the table, on either side of her. She, who looked exactly like Indu, matched his glare.

"Drop the facade, Niladri." He whispered, trying to keep his calm.

In a moment, the illusion died down. From head to toe, she was no longer anything like Indulekha. Indu had a wheatish complexion, while this woman was pale. Indu had long curly hair, while this woman's hair only reached her shoulders, completely straight with no curls. Her yellow sari changed into a black cloth, covering her chest and everything below her torso in one wrap. Hastinapur's jewels and Gandhar's ornaments covered her from head to toe, evident of all the rewards she had gotten from the uncle-nephew duo.

Kohl adorned her eyes and her lips were stained red, her cheeks a hue of pink and her nose sharp and fine. Her ears were sharp and pointed, with her teeth jarringly white. Her fingers were stained black at their tips and her nails were black and long.

This woman wasn't human.

Not one bit.

"Duryodhan," Niladri, the childhood friend of the one referred to, pushed him away from her, her nails digging into the flesh of his arms. "They'll be coming for her."

He sighed, knowing his friend had never lied to him. He shrugged her away, his arm starting to bleed. She smiled at the sight, aware of every scar she had ever given him. With a nod, he dismissed her and she rolled her eyes, walking over to the exit of the tent. With the sway of her hips, Shakuni's limping towards Duryodhan and Dusshasan assessing everyone, Indulekha was trapped somewhere nearby.

"I'm surrounded by witches." Duryodhan groaned. The witch, as he called her, stopped in her tracks as a smirk crept up her lips. She chuckled at the irony of the situation, where he'd trapped one 'witch' himself and called another witch for his help.

"And the only one to blame for that is you."

⊹˚₊‧─────────────────────────────────────────‧₊˚⊹