Chapter Two

The wind was rough, making the waves crash into the Viking's ships. It led to a series of rocking which made many of them nauseas. It was only when Roald's ship had banged against one of the waves, did he hear someone cry out from one of the large chests that they had carried with them so that they could fill it with gold.

Torsten had heard it too, and they exchanged a wary look before Roald abruptly opened the chest to find Clare. Her position did not look comfortable, but nevertheless she did her best to stand up on wobbly legs.

"Good day," she spoke mockingly, "I see the tides are a bit rough."

Roald crossed his arms at her, glaring darkly before turning to his crew, "Turn the ships around!"

This time Clare's joking demeanor disappeared and she was left to gawk at her husband, "Say what?"

Roald ignored her at first but when she grabbed ahold of his arm, he finally looked back to her, "I am turning these ships around for there is no safety on your behalf if you come with us."

"But Roald," she cried, "You promised me once before that I could come with you and I only see it fit that you keep your word."

He shook his head gruffly, "I said no."

Clare huffed and pouted, "Then you leave me no choice."

"What does that mean?"

She smirked at him, "I will wreck havoc in your village while you leave me, so that when you come back you will have to spend every bit of your gold on fixing the things I burned."

He gave her a very expectant look, "You would not do such things."

She hummed in reply, "I do not know, would I really not? After all, I have put much thought into the matter I feel that your bed is the first thing to go so that when you come back you will not have a place to sleep."

He took a step towards her, "Then you will not either, for we share our bed."

"Oh," her smirk widened, "but it would not be the first time sleeping on the ground for me, as I do recall that I was once your slave."

He thought for a long time and she giggled. He glared at her for that, "Fine!"

"Fine what?"

"You can come, but only if you follow my rules."

Clare promised she would, but she very well knew that rules did not exist whether he made them or not. She would not abide to such silly overprotectiveness, and therefor she would do as she wished.

However, she did think it was amusing that he believed her and her lies, thinking that she would really burn things. No matter how witty she may have seemed and convincing she was, she would not burn that bed. It was too damned comfortable.

Luckily for her they continued on their journey to where she would help them with their summer raids. But little did she know that it was not just the summer raids that were awaiting her, and instead something much greater than that.

AN:

I am not really sure that I like this chapter, but if you all do then I will leave it be. It is meant to be a bit silly, to show you how their relationship has progressed, but at the same time I think it might be too silly.

And I know it is short. I did not have much time to write....