Chapter Twenty-Eight

I stay in the hospital for about a week.

The doctors patch me up, give me stitches in my arm, my side, my shoulder. 

They had taken the bullet out right away.

Thomas visited me once more, but only for a few moments.  He was busy.

When I get out of the hospital, my mom stays with me for a couple of days.  She cooks dinner for me and all.  It was really nice to catch up with her.

She was a little surprised to hear about Thomas and I, but she said that she had seen pictures of me and him in those magazines, so she wasn't too surprised.  What really shocked her was when I told her about our break up. 

I also told her about dad's voice in my head.  She started to cry, and gave me a huge hug.  She sounded relieved when I told her that his voice was gone.

I had called Thomas the day after I got out of the hospital.  We had arranged to meet at his place.  Today, my mom would drive me there.

So here I am, standing in front of Thomas Brodie Sangster's hotel.  I see people pointing and looking at me.  My arm was in a cast.  I could move it, but not much. 

With a deep breath, I walk in. 

I ride the elevator to the sixth floor.  I walk to his room, and knock on the door.

Knock knock.

A few moments later, the door opens, and there stands Thomas.  He smiles when he sees me.

"Kylie.  You actually came."  He says, relieved.

"Of course I did.  I really wanted to see you and stuff..." 

He hugs me tightly, but I let out a groan of pain.

"Oh, gosh, sorry.  I didn't mean to."  He says, his face now looking guilty.

"It's okay."

He takes my hand.  "Please, come in."  I walk into his hotel room.

We sit down on his sofa together, but not next to each other. 

I turn and face him.

"Before you say anything,"  Thomas begins, "I just want you to know, that I love you.  I told you in the hospital, but you were on pain meds and stuff, so who knows if you remember what I told you.  I love you so much, Kylie, and I wish that you'd believe me, because it's making me crazy...

"I remember what you told me."  I say.  "Can I tell you how I feel now?"

Thomas takes a deep breath.  "I guess I'm as ready for it as I'll ever be.  Sorry in advance if I cry."

I look him in the eyes.

"Thomas.  I love you.  I really do love you.  What I did to you was wrong, and I'm so sorry.  I couldn't get his voice out of my head, it was taking over my mind.  I tried to ignore it, but he was always there.  I know that you probably hated me for a while, and you might still hate me, even just a little bit.  I believe that you love me, Thomas.  I believe you.  And I love you.  The days without you were hell for me. I cried.  I scratched myself so much, and all I could hear was my dad.  Insulting me.  Nightmares of him and that stupid fire poker.  I wanted to call you, but I couldn't.  It was so hard without you.  It was so hard knowing what I had done to you.  It was so hard, knowing that you hated me.  I don't deserve you, and I'm still at a loss as to why you love me.  But just know, that I love you.  I truly love you, so so much."

Thomas was trying not to cry, but I could see tears in his eyes. 

That made tears start to develop in my eyes. 

Thomas whispers, "I never hated you Kylie.  I never did.  I was mad at you, and I knew I shouldn't be, but I never hated you.  I thought about coming over, but I figured that you hated me.  It was hard for me too.  All I could think about was you.  I missed you, but now that you're here, I won't let you go ever again.  But Kylie, can you do this one thing for me?"

Tears were streaming down both of our faces now.  I sniffle.  "What is it?"

"Will you kiss me?"  He asks. 

Despite my tears, I felt my cheeks heat up.  And I let out a small laugh.  Thomas reaches out and wiped some of my tears away, and I did the same to him.

"Yes. I'll kiss you.  I'll kiss you as long as you want me to.  I'll kiss you longer than you want me to, because I bet I want to kiss you more." 

Thomas laughs.  "We'll see about that."

I lean in, a stupid grin on both of our faces, and I kiss him.

Oh his lips.  I had missed them so much.  So so much.  They were so soft, so warm.  We moved them in sync.  His hand stroked my hair, while the other one held my hand. 

I couldn't really do much with my free arm, since it was in a cast.  It aggravated me to an extent.

I tried to put all my feelings in the kiss.  And when I felt his tongue trace along my bottom lip, I felt like I could faint.  I opened my mouth for him, and he explored mine.  Our tongues danced together, and I moaned softly.  It was so wonderful. 

We pulled back for air. 

"Do you believe me?  That I love you?" I say, a little bit out of breath.

"Yes.  Yes, I believe you.  Do you believe me?" 

"Yes.  Thomas, I believe you.  I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

"Your apology is accepted."  He placed his lips on mine, and started another kiss, this one a bit more aggressive.  He rubs my back softly, but his kiss is faster and harder.  It takes my breath away.  I wrap my good arm around his neck, and try to match his lips.  He brings me onto his lap, and deepens the kiss even further.  He puts his hand under my shirt, and gently runs his fingers across my shoulder blades and in between them.  I shiver in delight, and I press myself harder against him. 

This is what I want.  I always want this.  I'll never let him go again.

After a little while, we both pull away, panting. 

"I love you Kylie."  He whispers, pressing his forehead against mine.

"I love you too Thomas." 

"When you're better, do you want to try that little trip up in the mountains again?"

I nod, smiling.  "Yes."

"Then get better soon, Snowflake." 

We sit on the couch together for a long time that day, just cuddling.  It was perfect.