21 ➵ accident

New Chapter. Enjoy.

ILLUSION

[chapter twenty one]
(cough *pilots* cough)

[chapter twenty one] (cough *pilots* cough)

I had to do something, to tell someone. I couldn't tell Owen because he would just get pissed off. Plus he's in charge of InGen, sort of. If word got out that I knew things I shouldn't, I could 'disappear.' There could be other InGen soldiers working with Hoskins and Dr. Wu. I could tell Claire, but she's already too preoccupied with everything else. Her head is practically spinning around these days, worrying. Telling her this would probably worry her even more. I could tell Zach and Gray. I don't know how much help they'd be, but I would feel better if someone else knew.

I snuck back into my room, going through the side door and using the V.I.P. elevator. I breathed out a sigh of relief. No one had seen me. Once I reached my door, I prayed that no one was in there. I slid my keycard and stuck my head in. Not one soul in sight.

"What are you doing?" I heard Zach ask from the hallway, catching me off guard. I quickly tried to spin around to face him, hitting my head on the open door in the process. "Nothing," I sputtered.

"That was a whole lot of sneaking around for 'nothing,'" he accused, smiling. He had rolled up the shelves of his t-shirt and his hair was swept back.

I sighed, my shoulders slumping, "how'd you know to come up?"

He walked into the room, shutting the door behind him. "I came up here a little while ago and saw that you weren't here." My eyes widened. "Don't worry, after minutes spent panicking, I decided not to say anything. Plus," he paused, facing me full on, a soft smile on his lips, "I saw you go up on the elevators. I'll always notice you"

I blushed as his corny compliment, tossing my arms over his shoulders. I stood on the tips of my toes to kiss him. His tongue tasted like mint as it swirled around mine. I sighed into his mouth, letting myself relax into him. I felt his hand caress the back of my head, sliding down my back before resting on my butt. I pushed myself into him, my fingers tangling in his hair, pulling my closer to me. I hear a faint moan. I jerked away from him. Maybe this was going a bit too far.

Zach's face was flushed and I could tell his was embarrassed. I smiled, pressing my lips to his once more. "I would continue, but I have something to tell you," I laughed. I tugged him towards the couch. "Where are the others?"

"Down stairs," he answered quickly. "What do you have to tell me?"

I looked straight into his eyes, "I found something. In Dr. Wu's lab."

"What were you doing down there? And what about your arm?" He reached over and grabbed my previously hurt arm, turning it, trying to find the bite. he grabbed my other hand, doing the same. "What happened to your arm?"