‡ Chapter 11.5 ‡

"Jessie!" called a familiar feminine voice. "Jessie!"

After blow drying my new hair, I grabbed jacket off the closet and changed into a comfy grey tee. I stepped into my room. "Yeah?"

When Snapback's eyes landed on me, she covered her mouth, and gapped. "The blonde was getting old and the length was getting too heavy," I admitted. She just shook her head, mouth still covered. A hot flash of panic washed over. "Does it look bad?"

"It looks amazing!" she sputtered, caressing the silky strands that reached my middle back. "Bangs?! Gagh, I knew I should have done them on you! They suit you so well."

The corners of my mouth shaped upwards. "That means a lot." Friendship was a rare thing in my life, Isaac my only friend at home. I was never the one to walk up and talk, satisfied with the few people who cared about me. I think Snapback would be the single person who I classified as a friend here at Snipers, and I realized she would be the only one I trusted if I planned on leaving.

"Levi wants to see you," she said. She guided me into the hallway and I found the scar across her face again.

This time, I had to ask. "Why do Snipers having scars across their bodies?"

"I can't say," she answered solidly. Her gaze softened as she turned to me. "You'll find out soon though. I promise."

Nodding, I asked about the healing bath water and she explained how it quickened the body's healing process. However it left scars, and I wondered if that was connected to the Sniper's marks.

We entered the gym and Levi stood on that metal platform. I remembered my first fight on that square; Cray beating the shit out of me, the first time when I experience my inner drug. I was so naive, so weak then. I still am. Just not as confused.

"He wants you in the ring," she addressed before leaving. Noting we were alone, I took my time up the stairs, cautiously facing this gang leader. I watched curious as mirrors rose from the metal platform, creating walls that reflected our appearances.

Three sixty mirrors. A woman's greatest nightmare.

His eyes took on my new hair. "Interesting," he said. With his hands together above his fine bottom, he circled me, and I could feel him judging me already. "Take off your jacket." I did. "Take off your shirt."

The old Jessie would have gulped and stuttered, asking him to repeat. This Jess would have obeyed without question.

I threw my t-shirt onto the floor. My black sports bra was exposed.

Levi's soft hand pressed against my lower back, and I held in a gasp. His finger traced something, almost as if following a path. Excitement rushed down my shoulder and I found it soothing. I tried to compose a straight face, but melted. "Levi," I said, breathless.

His body went stiff. This felt familiar. It was as if I expected him to pull away. Instead, Levi's hand kept tracing circles, applying more pressure. "Levi..." I murmured, his touch sending more warm shocks.

Then he stopped. "Jess."

My dazed eyes having a hard time fluttering open, I gave a small, "Mmhm?" Realizing the seriousness in his voice, I checked the mirror and saw the scars from the whip. "The healing bath water doesn't get rid of scars. I know."

He kept silent and I studied his hardened gaze, it still directing on my back. I looked closer to, hoping to grasp what he comprehended. Tilting my head sideways, my eyes ran across the multiple scars.

I heard Levi order someone to fetch the whip man. The person replied he had vanished from Sniper's base. But I wasn't really paying attention to that.

Then I saw it. Starting from the top of my back was a slash, and another, and another, enough to form a vertical W.

"Wildcat," I whispered.

You belong to us. An Eagle always gets what he sees.

My memory triggered. The dance. The smoke. The grinding. The kiss to the heart. His cold heart.

If you want freedom, meet me at Nathan Road, midnight. One time offer.

I'm proposing to join me. Join Eagle's Eye where you can be anyone you want to be. Where your answers lay.

I stared at the W. Was this his way of marking me? Was this his way of saying I was his? He had my answers.

I knew my decision.

†‡‡††‡‡

Just picture straighter hair. Her face... xDPic of Jess with her new hair>>

I kinda feel like that chapter sucked blue balls. Meh, you tell me. Wasn't much action, but take it as a break from the last action packed chapter.

#12 on Sci Fi and #15 on Action. Unreals are for reals. (Can't believe I just typed that...) Top 10 in both categories per-smurfaps?

What do you think of Jessie-I mean Jess's new look?

And holy toleeto torpedo speedos! Over 220 votes?! 

Big question: Do you think Jess will stay with Snipers or go to Eagle's Eye for her answers?

Xoxo

Uno clicko pour le vomment (combined Spanish and French...if only Dora could see me now.)

Fresh Focker [Status-{Dreaming of Theo James}]