‡ Chapter 18 ‡

PLEASE VOTE!!! :3

Chapter not edited FYI. Seriously.  It’s 3am and I’m writing this when I should be sleeping.

You have no idea how many WTF’s I’ve been getting since I posted the lasted chapter of WLAH.

I know a sea of you are confused as hell, and just a handful of you are correct.  Shall all your questions be answered. 

Patience, Grasshopper.

...

I’ve always wanted to say that.

Feels so damn cool…

Cool as a cucumber.

Cool as my refrigerator.

Cool as a fucking Kool Aid.

Yeah. I’m the cool kid at the lunch table who stills drinks Kool Aids and Animal crackers.  Losers of the world: Untie!

+++

I woke up to the sound of glass filling. 

Beside laid a transparent coffee table, a bottle of whisky was being poured into a glass cup.  My eyes shot to the golden rings attached to those fingers.

Shit me a stick and suck me sideways.

“Afternoon, Sleeping Beauty,” his icy voice drawled.  Immediately I grabbed the closest thing that could inflict damage and thrust it towards his chest.

His arms locked to his head, amusement sparking across his features.  “Put down the lamp, wildcat.” 

I gave a dumbfounded stare at the crystal object but quickly shook it off, dangerously pointing at him.  “Stay away from me!” I screamed.

“That’s no way to treat your hero,” he chuckled gently, redirecting the lamp. 

I poked his torso and darkened my gaze.  “You’re not my hero.” 

He waved his drink.  “Let me explain how you’re wrong.”  He circled the lamp.  “Now if you put that down—”

“There’s no way in hell I’m putting it down.”

Not even a second passed before he threw his drink up, disarmed the lamp from my hands, reversed positions so he had it aimed to my chest and swiftly caught his drink.  “Thank you for cooperating,” he curtsied.  He did it so quick…processing how it happened was impossible.  He gestured to the couch.  “You may sit.” 

Shame cut any words in my throat and I obeyed. As I sunk in the white furred couch, my anger began to steam. 

A grin spread on Romane and he positioned himself on the opposite couch, drink in hand and the other setting down the jingling lamp.  “I’m surprised Levi hasn’t tamed you yet,” he smirked. I let out a growl and threw a coaster, his hand catching it.  Then he winked.  “Of course, I always knew you were a wild one.”

On the edge of insane fury, I hid the desire to wrap my claws around his neck the best I could.  It was bloody hard.  “Are you going to enlighten me on why I’m here?” I coldly asked. 

He simply flattened his lips.  “No.”  His fingers danced in direction to my mind.  “That’s for you to remember.”

Remember. 

The sight of the black gun.  My heart choking me, then shaking uncontrollably before exploding into a thousand shards.  The ground escaping under me.  Wood chips of the bridge flying.  Landing in arms.  Gun.