Chapter 18

Katelyn’s POV

A week, that’s all the time she had before her father sent a message to her and Mark telling them to come home so that Paul and the others could be dealt with. Katelyn smiled to herself, a wonderful week she’s had. Mark was so tender and caring and he satisfied her heat and satisfied her after her heat was over. She proudly wore his mark over her heart, an exact replica of his wolf, and he wore her mark which was her wolf over his heart.

Katelyn was a little nervous, not only was she going back and would have to face Paul again but she was pregnant. She had no idea who the father was, not even Nya knew for sure. Mark was walking beside her beaming with pride, as far as he was concerned the pup was his either way and he was proud to not only have marked his mate but to have her with child as well.

Katelyn saw the house and pushed herself closer to Mark for comfort. The backyard had been set up like a court. The prisoners in silver cages and her father and Alpha Liam stood watching over them.  

Katelyn looked over and saw Carter and Carol coming from another direction. Katelyn ran over and hugged Carol.

“Are you ok?”

“I am now” Carol said smiling.

Katelyn smiled and sniffed “You let him mark you?”

“Yup!”

“I’m so happy for you!” Katelyn said hugging Carol again.

“Congratulations man!” Mark said shaking Carter’s hand.

“Thanks, and you too”

Mark just smiled and pulled Katelyn to him.

“Are you?” Carol asked

“yup”

“Guys, if you could join us over here so we can get this started?” Alpha George asked. They all turned and walked towards the packs and their attackers.

Mark’s POV

                Mark caught sight of Paul and pulled his mate to him and growled low to warn off the other male.

Paul smiled but then frowned as he picked up Katelyn’s scent.

                “You marked her? How dare you! She’s my slave! I demand to be released and to reclaim my property where’s the council?” He yelled his eyes crazed as he looked around for a council member.

                “I am right here” A man said stepping out of the house. He looked around at everyone motioning for them to sit down. He walked up to Katelyn and Mark.

                “Is this true? Did you mark someone that belonged to another?” He asked.

                “Councilman Harry, I marked my true mate. The fact is that she was abducted and marked against her will. We retained our bond and upon rescuing my mate I completed my rightful claim” Mark said standing proudly.

                “Are you true mates?” He asked Katelyn.

                “Yes sir, what my mate says is true. Paul does not have any rightful claim on me.”

                “Alright have a seat upfront with the other victims and the alphas.” Harry said before standing before the packs.

                “I am here as most of you know to represent the council at the request of Alpha George. He wanted to make sure that the accused had a fair trial and that no other pack or wolf would be able to say otherwise. The rest of the council could not be here as they are occupied with another matter. I will listen to all sides and then I will make my decision. The first being is that a True Mate claim holds over any other claim made, so Katelyn rightfully belongs to Mark, not Alpha Paul”