Chapter 3

Horned King's POV: 

"Hello, my dear. Shall we go on that outing now?" I asked Maleficent. She looked almost flustered. "Why yes, of course! I wasn't prepared for your arrival so soon." She glanced at the minion standing next to me. "Take my lovely King down to the sitting chamber and fetch a pot of tea. I shall be down in a few minutes." She hugged me, smelling faintly of rosemary, and walked out of the room. I followed the small minion downstairs into the vast, stone room. I sat on a bear-skinned chair and drank my tea. A few minutes passed and maleficent was there. She stood in front of me wearing a black beaded gown with faint swirls of purple and teal. "You look ravishing, my dear." She blushed, the pink color peaking behind her mint green skin. I took her hand as we walked down the cobblestone path. A minion opened the carriage door for us and we rode off into the fog. 

Maleficent's POV:

I stared at my King as he watched me. "Shall we go on that outing now?" he asked me. I was extremely nervous. No one made me feel the way he did. "Why yes, of course! I wasn't prepared for your arrival so soon." was all I could mutter out. I glanced at Merton, the minion who was in my study with the King. "Take my lovely King down to the sitting chamber and fetch a pot of tea. I shall be down in a few minutes." I hugged my king as I walked out of the study, then I ran up the stairs to my bed chamber. I looked at my dear friend and pet Diablo. "What shall I wear, my pet? I have nothing suited for an event like this!" Diablo opened my armoir and revealed a dress that I hadn't seen in a while. It was a black, silk evening gown with black beads. It had a faint addition of purple and teal. "Oh my dear Diablo! You know me so well!" I gave Diablo's feathers a small ruffle and changed out of my robes into the gown. I walked down the steps into the sitting room where my King was. He was sipping a cup of tea and was glancing around the room. The King looked at me and said, "You look ravishing, my dear." I blushed. He took my hand and we walked down the stone path to my carriage. A minion was already opening the door before the King could. I entered, as did he, and we rode off into the mist. This was sure to be a night I'd never forget.