¢нαρтєя 19

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

Who's a friend, who's an enemy?
'Cause sometimes it looks the same to me
But looks can be pleasing, yet so deceiving
Sweet words from a serpents' tongue
It's like playing with a loaded gun
Who knows what truth is?
How do you prove it?

-Bea Miller "Enemy Fire"

¢нαρтєя 19

"Hunting?" I screamed, horrified honestly.

Aiden visibly winces at the tone of my voice, "We'll talk later, baby. I love you, but you really need to leave." He said, pushing me away.

"No, we have to talk-..." However was stopped in the middle by deafening howl.

"Shit, babe, go." He shoves he away once more, before running off and disappearing in the night.

Terrified, I wrap my arms around my body to preserve my body heat. I needed to find Avan.

"Avan!" I shout, trying to sound unaffected to the earth's cold atmosphere.

A shivering rumbling sound shifted the air between me. "H-hello." I called out. I needed to run, that wasn't a pleasant sound at all. I break off into yet another sprint.

An annoying chuckle interrupts my dreadful thoughts.

"What's got you so freaked out, Cagnolino?"

VVV

Snarling to himself, Avan's beastly form cascades through the trees attempting to sniff his mate out. Was she safe? He questioned himself so many times, that the angst becomes visible on his face. He could practically feel the dense air of the woods.

A low cool howl develops in the air. Avan's form freezes, recognizing the desperate call of a pack mate of his. His legs begin to pump towards the source, his mother made him promise the pack always came first. However his heart was aching, because he wasn't searching for Leah instead he responded to the howl.

He hears a yell, resembling much of his Leah. She was calling for him. He was ecstatic, she was calling, for him. He pauses once more turning in the direction of Leah, his pack could wait. His human mate, cannot.

His mate meant the world to him, his pack could definitely wait.

Aiden skillfully shoots at the wolf, killing it with no mercy. It's friends, growls, sniffing after Aiden whom was currently being hidden by the trees. Aiden curses lowly, climbing a tree quietly. He needed to live through this night, at least until he hears Leah say yes.

He was going to marry the girl he fell in love with.

Then he was going to take her away from this place, away from all these vicious monsters.

Avan's mother stares lifelessly at her mirror's reflection. She cooped herself up in the bathroom after Tyson's burst. She was guilty. She was weak.

She killed her one true love.

Because she wasn't strong enough.

She was pathetic, she wouldn't be that person anymore.

Adeline huffs, as she feels the slow oxygen lifting from her. She was always the horrible athlete, she was an even worse human.

But at least she wasn't a monster.

Addie rests her eyes, as she leaned for support on the wooden log. She wondered when Ethan would find her, she wondered and continued to do so.

How much time do I actually have left?

VVV

"Tyson!" I yelped, hearing my heart thump.

He smirks, "Come with me, we need to get you out of these woods. Damn hunters." Tyson cursed.

"H-hunters?" I stuttered.

Aiden said something about hunting, earlier.

His face darkens, "Listen, Leah. The hunters soon become the hunted."

I shivered, his expression held a deep hatred. "It's honestly a grueling cycle, that will never end." He adds, before grabbing my elbow. "If a hunter sees you, they'll think your one of us, and kill you without a heartbeat. Now, come." He pulls me through the thick woods, branches scratching my paling skin, as my legs feel numb from the cool winds.

A bark interrupts me, as well as Tyson. "Your mate is here." He mutters.

"M-mate?" I questioned.

"Not the time, we'll explain later." With that he ushers me to the left, where a dark furred wolf stands it's eyes happy.

"Avan?" I ask, unsure. His wolfish grins makes way to his face, before he immediately charges to me, rubbing his head on my leg.

"Avan, we need to go. Hunters has set foot on our territories." Tyson states.

VVV

Adeline was giving into the needs of her body, every fiber in her being begged her to take a moment to rest. But she sadly refuses, you can't rest when monsters are chasing you.

She wished she had her ex lover with her. She really did love him.

Too bad she just couldn't have him. Adeline continues to wear out her frustrated body, with the sprinting.

She couldn't give in, not with Ethan on her tail.

Cole's form illuminated in the bright shine of the moon.

He missed her.

He misses the girl he ran away from.

Oh what he would do to see her again, just one last time. Just to hold her, kiss her, and love her. Cole clenched his fists, thinking of her beautiful blonde hair, and puffy lips.

He missed his Addie.

* * * * *

A/N
Please, please, pretty please don't forget to share your thoughts, or vote if you just plainly liked it.

With a large cherry on top.

My Goals:
130 Votes
19 Comments

-Margareth

P.S.
Cole [Haven't given him a last name yet] above! ^^^ Played by Stephen James. XD

·

··COLE IS CURRENTLY AVAN'S BETA AS SAID IN CHAPTER 9···

Just a reminder if you've forgotten :).