Chapter Fourteen

I yawned, sitting up and taking in my surroundings. I wasn't sure exactly what time I fell asleep, but with how tired I was, I assumed it was fairly late. I yawned again, wiping at my eyes, and decided I should take a shower to wake up. I quickly grabbed a new outfit and stepped into the bathroom, undressing and stepping in the shower. The cold water washed over my body as it warmed up and at first I winced, but I felt substantially more awake than before.

After a little while, I got out of the shower and dried my hair before getting dressed. I had picked out a gray sweater with jeans, and I quickly got dressed, glancing at the foggy mirror. I swiped my hand across it to see my reflection and I saw the writing on the sweater reading "New York".

I let out a small sigh, turning away and walking back into my room. As I walked toward my bed, something on my dresser caught my eye. I looked to find a few different pairs of shoes lying atop it, all of which were sneakers, which I was grateful that I didn't have to ask for.

I shifted my gaze downward to my phone screen, noticing that I had only one missed call and it was from Maryse. I felt an uncomfortable sensation stir within my stomach, and I quickly locked my phone and pushed it into my pocket.

"Hey Clary." I heard a voice come from behind me, and warm arms wrapped around me. I leaned into the hug, recognizing who it was instantly, and a smile crept onto my face.

"Hey Noah." I said, and I felt him kiss my cheek. I was reminded quickly of the events that transpired the previous night, and my smile only widened. He let go of me and I turned around to see him with a similar expression on his face.

"It's seven. You went to bed at three," he responded, "You should go back to sleep."

"Then why are you awake?" I asked him with a tilt of my head. He paused for a moment, thinking.

"Because... I always get up this early." He told me, and I rolled my eyes at his underwhelming argumentation skills.

"So do I." I looked up at him, holding back my comment regarding his skills, "Where is everyone?" I looked around the empty and silent hall.

"They should be up soon." He shrugged, "Want breakfast?"

"Is that even a question? Of course." I told him. I thought of how we were bombarded the previous night by the guys, and how waking them up for breakfast might be a good place to start in terms of apologizing. "Should I wake them?"

"Only if you don't want to be alone with me." He teased, eliciting a laugh from me, "Yeah, you can wake them. I'll be in the kitchen." He gave me one last glance before going down the hall. I went to Liam's room first, knocking gently.

"What?" I heard after a few seconds. It was muffled through the door, but I could hear his irritated tone very clearly.

"Noah's making breakfast." I let him know, hoping that I wasn't bothering him. I didn't want my plan to make amends to backfire so quickly.

"Clary?" He asked, his tone softening, "Oh, thanks for letting me know. I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay." I said, "Do you know if the others are awake?"

"Yeah. They all should be." He told me, still speaking to me through the door. It took him a moment of scuffling, but just as I was about to turn away the door opened in front of me and I saw a scruffy-haired Liam. "You want me to go check? They'd hate to miss out on an opportunity to stuff their faces."

"Thanks, Liam, that'd be great. I'll wake up Sebastian, though."I felt like it might be a good idea to apologize in case Sebastian actually did feel concerned about my safety. I went quickly to his room, knocking on the door. Instantly, Sebastian responded.