Chapter 7

Arianna was pacing back and forth in the living room. What was going on in there, she wondered. They've been back there a long time. What are they talking about? All these questions were floating through Arianna's mind. To occupy her mind, Arianna decided to go take a hot soak in the tub. Maybe that will make me feel better, she thought.

She went to her room and shut the door. She walked into her in-suite bathroom and ran steaming hot water in to her Jacuzzi style bathtub. This was what she did when she wanted to relax after a long stressful day at the office. With some of her favorite scented candles lining the tub, she opened the medicine cabinet and took out some matches to light the candles with. She disrobed and switched on her water resistant radio. The soothing sounds of Beyonce''s rendition of Etta James' classic song I'd Rather Go Blind floated all around her. She eased herself inside the steamy water and laid her head back against the tub's edge and closed her eyes. The aroma of jasmine and lavender from the candles brought back sensual memories of her and Jason. All of a sudden she could see the drenched look his eyes always had after a few hours of lovemaking. She let out a mournful moan. Even in a tub full of hot water, just thinking about his lips feasting on her breasts gave her chills and made her nipples harden.

A dull ache settled in the pit of her stomach. How she longed to feel him hold her and make love to her. Jason had a way of making her forget everything, including her own name at times. No one else, not even Anthony, had ever even come close to making her feel the way he did with just one look, one kiss. Unchecked tears rolled softly down her cheeks. If only he still loved me, she thought. Then maybe she could satisfy her body's hunger and need for his touch. Jason had been her first real lover, and last as far as she was concerned. Anthony had been patient and giving in his lovemaking, but he could not touch the very essence of her soul the way Jason had.

She suddenly felt guilty about Anthony. Anthony James was one of her brother Ricky's and Kiara's husband Calvin's friends and they had been seeing each other off and on for a long time, but she could never fully commit to a relationship with him. She knew he wanted more, he had even proposed on Valentine's Day, but Anthony always respected the fact that she just wasn't ready to make a lifelong commitment to him.

With the water getting cool and her skin looking like a raisin, Arianna got out the bath and let the water out of the tub. She put on her old shabby bathrobe and matching fuzzy slippers, blew out the candles, and went through to her bedroom and attempted to read. She wanted to give Jason and Brianna time alone together, without interference from her. She had turned on her reading lamp and settled into her comfy armchair with E.L. James' first installment in her Fifty Shades trilogy entitled Fifty Shades of Grey, when there was a light rap on the door. Thinking it was Brianna, she told her to come on in.

But it wasn't Brianna. It was Jason. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. His very presence in the room, seem to take up all the air, making it hard for her to breathe or think. She wet her lips as she watched him standing there. When their eyes met, she read the unmasked look of hunger flash in the deep, blue depths. She stood to ask him what he wanted, but when she did, she forgot that she hadn't bothered to belt the robe. She was completely naked underneath. Desire and passion blazed like fire in Jason's eyes. Arianna had the same need shining in her own. She knew she should close the robe and tell him to go, but she couldn't. Her body had a mind of its own and right now it wanted what it had been denied for so long. As if she sent him a silent invitation, Jason closed the gap between them and took her in his arms.

Neither spoke, neither said a single word. There was no need for words. He looked into her eyes. He pushed the robe off her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around his waist. An involuntary shudder went through his body. She moist her lips, anticipating his kiss. He leaned down and kissed her with a passion that he could hardly control. She clung to him as if she was drowning and he was the only thing she had to hold on to. His hands traveled all over her body. She could feel the rippling of his sinewy muscles beneath his clothes. He let her go long enough to shed his own clothes and ushered her to the bed. He laid her down and began his assault on her senses. He kissed her more deeply, more passionately. He trailed kissed down her neck until her reached her ample breasts. One by one he sucked them, until she no longer had feeling in them. Then he made his way to her belly, leaving a trail of wet heat in his wake.