Biker Baby | Chapter Twenty-Two

Lucy_Pearl Copyright © 2016

Chapter Twenty-Two

"I know a quick way out, through one of the bedrooms downstairs," he started.

"But I know an even quicker way," she smiled and typed in the code to the door after checking the cameras. His brow furrowed as he followed her out of the room. The sounds of gunshots and yelling covered the sound of their footsteps as they slipped in and out of the rooms.

She quickly pulled him inside of one of the rooms she had investigated when she first moved here. It was a random room, but not chosen completely out of the random. It was dark, dank and had a bit of a draft. A lining of dust covered all the furniture, so she knew no one had used it in a while, so Isabelle used it as an escape route. She knew living with a MC wasn't going to be a walk in the park, so she made sure she was prepared for the worst. Momma didn't raise no fool.

She closed the door behind them as she helped him sit on the bed and then ran over to the side of the bed. There wasn't much furniture; a bed, two nightstands with lamps a top each and a dresser, which was empty. Isabelle moved the little brown nightstand over and lifted the loose floorboard. Hidden inside was some rope and a backpack. The backpack was full of none perishables and canned food. The rope was knotted every three feet to be used as ladder.

"When the hell did you have time to set this up?" Wyatt whispered from his position on the bed. She looked up at him as she tossed her back pack on her back and smiled.

"A few days after I moved in," his brows furrowed and she smiled while brushing her hair from her face. "First rule of being a McBride, always have a plan B." She grabbed the rope and tied it to the leg of the four post bed. She hoped that it was sturdy and wasn't going to slip, because if it wasn't, they were going down. Isabelle opened the window slowly and peaked outside. This side of the house was silent and close enough to the gate that no one could see them unless they came from the other side of the house, which was a good 100 yards away. She tossed the rope out of the window and watched it tumble down the side of the house, she yanked it for good measure and the bed didn't move at all.

"You're going to have to climb the rope," she looked back to him and then he motioned towards his leg. "Come here," she motioned him forward, he got up and limped towards her. She pointed towards the window and he peaked out and then looked down, a big Oak tree he had never noticed sat right underneath the window. The tree reached just beneath the second floor window.

"I didn't choose this room for nothing," she murmured. He looked back at her, astonished at her intelligence and how she calculated this whole thing. While everyone was unprepared and wary, Isabelle had formulated an escape plan that no one had even known about.

"Wow," he wanted to pull her into a hug, or maybe even kiss her. He was so proud of her, he had no qualms with her leading this escape mission and getting them both out of here. He'd mope around about his wound and masculinity later.

"Alright, you wanna go first?" She asked. He shook his head and pulled out his gun from his waistband.

"No. This is your escape plan, you go first," he nodded towards the door. "I'll keep watch." She nodded and then preceded to climb out of the window. She didn't feel an ounce of fear as she quickly descended down the rope and landed on the thick tree branch. She gripped onto the thick trunk as she whipped the rope in her hand and waited for Wyatt to descend.

She looked up to the window and waited to see his legs flip out of the window, but it was taking longer than it should have. Is he hurt worst than I thought?

She whipped the rope again, and even risked her safety by letting out a sharp whistle. She started to panic when she didn't hear anything but the gun shots and sounds of war on the other side of the house. Oh my god, what if he's been hurt again? When she started to climb back up the rope, she finally saw his legs on the rope and then his face when he looked down at her.