Chapter 17

This is a dream. Has to be a dream. A man as handsome as the one in my dreams couldn't possibly be standing in front of me. Yet, there he was. Thick brown hair flowing perfectly well past his jaw. Skin as smooth and flawless like he'd been hand crafted by the most skilled artist. Eyes as dark as a moonless sky staring back at me with so much intensity. I haven't blinked once, too afraid that doing so would take away the image of perfection my mind so kindly created for me...that is until the others in the room that I'd become oblivious of reminded me of their presence.

"Trying to steal my shine yet again, De Leon?" I glanced quickly to my left to see Roger with a slight smile before turning my attention back to the man he was addressing. My heart nearly popped out of my chest and stopped beating at the sight of the small smile he gave back.

Speak. Please speak.

My mind was screaming repeatedly. I want to hear his voice. Need more than the air I'm breathing right now to hear him speak; to see if the timber of his voice and unmistakable accent matched the one I was hearing so clearly hours ago. He didn't speak however. After shooting Roger a quick smile his eyes fell back on me suddenly reminding me of my rudeness. Quickly I lowered my eyes back to the floor fighting the urge to look us as he and his men passed me and he took a seat on the platform.

"Rayne Sweetheart, you can have a seat over here," Roger grabbed hold of my hand leading me to a chair that was in the far right corner of the room, "and remember what I told you."

Accepting my quick nod as an agreement he too took a seat on the platform sitting beside a young raven haired guy and a few seats down from the man he called, 'De Leon'. I don't know why but I played it over and over in my mind feeling as if I'd heard that name before and as if it had some kind of meaning to me. That dream..vision..or whatever the hell it was had been broken before I could get his name but even if I had--what the fuck am I thinking? There is no way in hell this is him! The girl I was seeing wasn't even me. Her shine was much lighter than mine, smooth and ivory with a slight tan. The wet hair strewn over her shoulder as she bathed in that spring was mixed brown and blonde. Who she was is just as much as mystery as why I was dreaming about a man that looks like this man that I've never met before.

Taking a moment to check out my surroundings I scanned the faces of each person sitting on that platform. Roger said this was the United Supernatural's Council yet every single one of them looked human aside from the woman that'd spoke when we first entered. Her hair was stark white unevenly matched with her youthful face. She looked to be no older than thirty but her posture and eyes suggested she was much older.

As if she could sense me scrutinizing her she looked over at me with an extremely hard glare. "Councilman Gallo, would you care you explain why you felt the need to bring a human girl to this meeting?"

I shrunk back from the harsh emphasis on the word 'human' and apparently I'm not the only one to notice.

"That 'human' is my daughter Oddessa and before you even part your lips to object, know that she will not be leaving this room without me." The seriousness and authority in his voice as he retorted made me want to smirk at that bitch but I thought better of it. This Oddessa lady looks like she has the ability to kill with her bare hands and while I'm no chicken, I'd rather not cross her. I noticed all eyes were on me after that. All of them were holding nearly the same expression. Why were they shocked? Or was that displeasure?

"She smells of pure human. Good enough to eat..." she inhales deeply, "So I must ask, if she is your daughter then why do I not sense a wolf in her?" Damn this bitch is all over me like I did something to her. Why couldn't she just shut the hell up about me and get on with whatever reason our dinner was cut short?