Chapter 10

I was transported to another world like my reality had stopped for a moment. I was trying to get a hold of myself. The sweltering sensations were still lingering on my body.

What just happened?

I was fixed on the bed, staring at the ceilings. I finally regained a little bit of control of my body. I was shaking...

I looked up and saw a surprised look on Akihiko's face. He was horrified and worried by something...

What could it be?

Then, thoughts started flowing to my mind.

Akihiko was trying to help me. He wanted me to pass the examination. My training didn't help, and I was still weak. We were at a lost until Akihiko thought about using ancient magic to help me become stronger—a peculiar magic that requires... a blood pact. Link magic...I remember Akihiko grabbing a knife, and I instantly panicked. I didn't like pain or the sight of blood. So, I asked him if there was any other way...and he suggested that we...should...do this.

Ah, yes...and now, here we are in this position...

Why are we almost naked...?

Why do I feel so hot...?

What is this feeling...?

There was no point of pondering, and I shrugged it off.

Harumi: Um...Akihiko...

Akihiko was startled by my voice. He quickly got up and took his shirt from the floor and put it on.

Akihiko: I'm sorry...Harumi...I didn't know what got into me.

I looked at him with a blank stare. I didn't know what to say, so I feigned innocence.

Harumi: You were just trying to cast the spell, right? So...um...did it work?

Akihiko was just standing there...frozen. I never saw this side of him. He was always on top of everything and level headed.

Harumi: Akihiko? Are you okay?

Akihiko: Um...um...I forgot to...cast the spell.

Harumi: Um...it's okay...you can cast it next time, right?

Akihiko: Um...yea...sure. Let's try it again.

I buttoned up my shirt and, Akihiko sat right next to me and moved forward. He paused for a few seconds that felt like forever. I was looking at him straight in his eyes. He looked worried...

Akihiko: Okay, this time, I will do it right. I'm going to start.

We had to do this again...

Will I feel the same sensation again?

Akihiko raised his hand to move my chin closer to him.

His hands were cold...

I closed my eyes and felt Akihiko's lips. It was different from before as if it didn't have any life. His lips were very cold...

My eyes were still close when I burst of light radiated through my eye lids. A sudden surge of energy flowed through my veins. My whole body was scorching in magic energy. After a few seconds, it stopped.

Harumi: Did it work? Did you do it?

Akihiko: There is only one way to find out. Let's go to the training grounds.

Akihiko took a spell book and grabbed my arm, and we headed to the training grounds.

________________________________