Proving myself

As the motion of the car came to a sudden stop instinctively my eyes opened. Whether it was out of habit or fear I don't know. I took in my surroundings, evaluating the darkness when a husky voice broke the silence.
"We're at the edge of a forest. It is no mans land, no pack owns it. Therefore this is where we hold most pack meetings."
Absorbing the information I did nothing but nod. My eyes still fixed on the forest, just waiting for something to jump out.

The three musketeers in the back began to stir. They stretched and yawned but that was it, not a word was said until Luke resumed talking.
"This is only half the journey, the other half is done in wolf form. You will sit on my back and I will carry you there, but this won't be easy. Women are only allowed to these meetings in certain circumstances and humans are frowned upon. Princess you tick both those boxes so this won't exactly be smooth sailing."
Shifting my gaze to Luke I could see the seriousness in his eyes, his jaw clenched at the notion of me not being accepted.

Standing outside the car Luke draped his jacket around my shoulders. Bonnie opened the boot and took out a big gear bag. She placed it on the floor, simultaneously Aaron, Zach and Bonnie walked around to the other side of the car and began talking.
"Why did they-" Luke cut me off knowing what my question would be.
"Respect. They're not going to watch me change, especially with you standing right beside me."
I laughed, I can be quite stupid sometimes. Obviously they're not going to watch him strip however I have no problem with it.

With no shame I stood there openly oogling my boyfriend.
"Enjoying the view?" Luke gave me that cocky smirk
"Yes, very much so" after I replied I heard wolf whistles, laughter and the musketeers shouting things that would make a nun faint.

Luke was left only in his boxers, rolling his eyes at our immature friends he pulled me flush against him. Luke buried his face in my neck
"No matter what happens, i'll stay by your side. The pack will stand with you. Everything will be ok, I promise"
With a kiss he stood back and shifted.

Those words of reassurement appeared to be more for his benefit than my own. I wasn't nervous until now. Damien now stood before me in all his glory. He walked towards me and I gave into my urges. I reached up and grabbed his wolfy cheeks, in the voice that only comes out when I talk to animals I embraced my inner Dr.Doolittle,
"Hello, well aren't you still the cutest thing i've ever seen. Yes you are. Yes you are, and you're so fluffy. Oh so fluffy and adorable-"
I rubbed behind his ears and his chest. Damien's tail began to wag as he leaned into my touch.

Our interaction was cut short by someone clearing their throat. I turned around to see the three of them desperately attempting to contain their laughter. Bonnie was the first to crack, she jumped up and down squealing.
"FINALLY! FINALLY I'VE SEEN THE CUTENESS. I can die happy now"
Aaron stretched out his arm and pulled Bonnie into him to calm her down. Feeling the blood rush to my cheeks and turned and buried myself in Damien's chest.

I nuzzled my face into his chest so much I moved all the fur and made direct contact with his body. The heat that he is radiating sure to keep my face at it's current crimson colour. With a big sigh I braced myself before pushing myself off Damien's chest. I was not yet out of his fur when a low growl halted my movements. I'm not quite sure what he's indicating but I knew it meant stop moving. Turning my head slightly to clear an airway, I just embraced this moment. Enjoying my cuddles with Mr. Wolfy McFluffy.

Seconds after I embraced the hug I heard the all too familiar sounds of bones shifting. They cracked and popped, like when you stretch in the morning. Someone is shifting. I remained in my position until Damien stood back, indicating it was clear to look.

I am now the only human. Damien nudged the bag, using his nose he pushed it until it rested at my feet. They surrounded me, looking at me expectantly. The bag lay open on the ground. Their gaze shifted from the bag to me. They wanted me to zip it up, I did not do so straight away. My thoughts were already running away, imagining four wolves without thumbs trying to zip up this small bag. Zach would just pounce on the bag, Aaron and Bonnie would strategically work as a team and Luke well in true Luke style would just find a suitable place to hide it. The images of them struggling with this small bag left me keeled over, with tears streaming down my face laughing. They just stared at me, obviously none of them on my wave length. I steadied my breathing and wiped my eyes, placing a hand on my side where I had got a stitch from laughing too much. Once I regained control of myself I zipped up the bag and held it up to Damien's mouth. He looked shocked.
"Open"
He lifted his top lip up in a snarl. It was only a small warning snarl, I could do better.
"Nearly but not quite, open"
Frustrated he emptied his lungs through his nose in a huff before giving in to my request. I placed the bag in his mouth and he closed his jaw.
Patting him on the head in my sweetest voice I said "good boy".