Not exactly love letters

*Luke's POV*

It's been a week. She's just been lying there for a week. Motionless.

I would do anything just to see her eyes sparkle again with mischief, anger, anything. I just want to see her smile, the small dimple that appears in the corner of her right cheek when she gives you a genuine smile, or the tears that well up in her eyes when she laughs too much. Oh her laugh.

Her words echoing in my head. "This is all my fault.........Goodbye"
How could she blame herself for this? She didn't ask for any of this. It's all my fault. Me. Not her. She didn't ask to be mated to a screw up but she was put with me and in the short time I could call her mine she changed me. She changed me for the better. I was a new man. I was stronger, faster, happier, better.

Michael told me she was bloody lucky to be alive. She made it out without a broken bone but her body went into shock with this already adding to the preexisting trauma, her body went into shut down mode to cope. He could not believe it. After seeing the state of the car himself and all the factors in the accident she should have a few broken bones but all she has to show for it is a sprained ankle and a few minor cuts. She is one tough broad.

I've left Zach in charge while i'm here which is practically 24/7. I remembered what she said "the pack before me, before us."
So I focused on that and tried to make her proud. So I'm being a real Alpha for the first time since I went into that spiral just before I met her.
Her clothes were ripped so Bonnie changed her into the shirt she left on the end of my bed. I would never even think of touching her without her consent. I was raised better than that and it would only make her hate me more.

Bonnie walked in to give Alex her daily cleaning. I was just about to walk outside and give them privacy like I always did. I usually just attended to pack business and make sure the pack is ok. Something I should have been doing all along. But something caught my eye.
I saw something sticking out from under the bed. I leant down and picked it up. It was an envelope with my name written on the front. I was momentarily confused but then it all came back. She left a note along with the shirt.

I left Bonnie to it and walked to my make shift office. I sat down and prepared myself. I'm not going to like what this says. I prepared myself and opened the the envelope. There were a few sheets. Her writing was so neat where as mine looks like a spider running on a hot plate.

I took a deep breath and began to read.....

"So Luke if you're reading this then I actually managed to finish it and leave it for you. I would've preferred to say this face to face but I know that i'm not strong enough to do that. So this letter will have to do.
They say it's better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. I don't know what you would consider our dysfunctional relationship but for me it's the closest thing to a proper relationship I have ever experienced. I don't know if all the feelings and everything we felt was just because of some bond but thank you anyway.
This isn't disney. I wasn't expecting a happy ending. So i'm ok with it and you should move on. I'm nothing special, you'll find someone better, without the cracks.
Now. I've been training your pack for the last month or so. They are good. What I expected if I took you for an example. You need to focus on your pack. They are your family. They are more important than whatever we were. So pull yourself together, I know you can do it. Don't let anyone die because of what happened between us. You don't need me to make you strong, you might need a Luna but you can choose any girl.
That's all I have to say, I think. So um yeah. Goodbye, have a great life. Please make up a story if Rose and Simon ask about me. I don't want you to break their hearts. The rest of them? You can tell them that I just wasn't strong enough and i'm sorry for that. I guess the Moon Goddess just made a mistake.