The Note (The Mortal Instruments)

Featuring Simon from The Mortal Instruments.

Here's some background info about this one shot:

Natalia and Celeste are parabatai and Jason is Celeste's twin brother. Natalia and Simon are dating. Natalia, Celeste, and Jason are three of my reoccurring characters that will be featured in this book. The three of them are training to be shadowhunters and Simon is in Ascension. They are in Idris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalia's POV

I looked at the note over Celeste's shoulder.

"Why would he do this?" I said for the fifth time.

"I don't know," Celeste said for the fifth time. I read over Simon's note again.

Dear Natalia,

I know that by the time you read this I'll be gone. Sorry, but that's the reason I had Jason wait to give you this. Don't ask him where I went; I didn't tell him. Actually, I didn't tell anybody. Please do not worry about me. I'll be fine and I should be back in a week or two. There was just something I had to do. Don't worry, I'm not breaking up with you. You'll probably break up with me anyway because I didn't tell you where I was going. Please stay safe and don't come looking for me.

Love,

Simon

I turned around and started pacing my room.

"Why would he do this?" I said again.

"I still have no clue. Maybe he has personal business or something," Celeste said. I then stopped pacing. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my backpack. I had a change of clothes and a flashlight in the bag before Celeste stopped me.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?" Celeste asked.

"I'm going to find Simon."

"You don't even know where he is."

"I have an idea."

"Yeah, and what is that?"

"I'll show you," I said. I grabbed a map of Idris off of my table. I pulled it open.

"Here are the woods where the vampire clans live. I think that's where he's going," I said.

"Why would he go there?"

"Because he used to be a vampire. You remember Raphael, right?"

"Yeah."

"He lives with that clan now. Raphael was the leader of the clan that Turned Simon, so I think he called Simon there for something. And knowing Raphael, that something can't be good."

"So you're just going to travel to the vampire clan, and say 'Hey, can I have my boyfriend back?'"

"That's kind of the plan."

"Ok, well if you are going through with this insane plan, I'm going with you."

"Thanks, Celeste. We should get to packing. I want to leave in an hour."

"Ok, I'll meet you in the training room in 40 minutes. We're going to need some weapons." Celeste opened my door.

"Ok, bye."

"Bye." She swung my door closed. I threw the map, my phone, extra batteries, a first aid kit, and a book on vampires into my backpack. I went into my bathroom and changed into my shadowhunter gear. I put my stele in my pocket. I threw my caramel-colored hair into a ponytail and looked at the clock. I had 15 minutes to meet Celeste. I grabbed my backpack and decided to head down to the training room early, and when I arrived it was deserted. I walked over to where we stored the bows and arrows and I picked up my bow. It was a sleek black compound bow. I slung my matching quiver over my shoulder and started picking out arrows. I ended with 15 razor-sharp arrows, 10 silver arrows, 10 arrows with the material used for seraph blades (The Iron Sister who made them for me said that I was the only one in the world that had access to that type of arrow), and 20 regular arrows. I grabbed 3 seraph blades and was grabbing daggers when Celeste came in. She grabbed her whip and twisted it around her wrist. She started grabbing daggers and seraph blades too. I put one of the seraph blades into my backpack, then tucked one in the jacket I was wearing and hid the other on my thigh. I tucked four daggers in my jacket, put one on each forearm, and put two on each side of my shin. Shadowhunter gear had compartments for blades and other weapons.

"Ready?" Celeste asked, and I nodded.

"We should probably stop by the kitchen and get some food," I said.

"Yeah," Celeste said. We raced to the kitchen. Thankfully, nobody was in there. We tossed apples, protein bars, and water bottles into our bags. I quickly scrawled a note for my mom.

Sorry mom, but Celeste and I have to go do something. We will be back in a few days. I'll tell you about it when we get back.

-Natalia

"Let's go," I said. We raced out the front doors and headed towards the woods.